C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vehicle History

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2002, 09:21 AM
Mr.Gearhead
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Vehicle History

Anyone know where I can get some history on my car using the VIN? My title states the car was first titled in PA in 1978. It also states the prior title state was Florida. I bought it in PA in 1999 and now live in VA. The guy I bought it from kinda vanished. No wonder... look at my pics....I love this car and glad I am going to save it from death! :blueangel:
Old 02-18-2002, 12:39 PM
Marks69BB
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Vehicle History (Mr.Gearhead)

If PA and FL are like NC, the state dept of motor vehicles should be able to do a title search on your VIN and give you copies of the owner history. This is how I found out mine was originally a CA car before it came to NC which is why my frame is rust-free! :yesnod: Good luck! :cheers:
Old 02-18-2002, 01:21 PM
RMS73
Melting Slicks

Received 365 Likes on 215 Posts

Default Re: Vehicle History (Mr.Gearhead)

Contact the DMV's of the known states the car was titled in. They'll send you a privacy form to fill out and have some small fee to pay and you should get some info. I did this with Tennessee and got a huge amount of info. With Georgia I got almost nothing. I still have Florida to due. You can get the DMV address from the web. Be patience.

Roger

Get notified of new replies

To Vehicle History

Quick Reply: Vehicle History