C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leaf spring in!!! Just need the Stabalizer bar and the rear is done!!! pics inside

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2002, 11:11 PM
BAD-L88
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Leaf spring in!!! Just need the Stabalizer bar and the rear is done!!! pics inside

I got the leaf spring in today. Now, I just need my rear sway bar and I am all set in the back. I also installed the hard brake lines today and that was a huge PITA.

I installed this entire rear end alone with no helpers, and no electricity. I had never even changed the oil on a car before this project. Like James Browm says, I feel good!

:D
Old 02-17-2002, 11:27 PM
Aaron76
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Leaf spring in!!! Just need the Stabalizer bar and the rear is done!!! pics inside (BAD-L88)

good to here
It's amazing what you can do when you are properly motivated. :cool:
Old 02-18-2002, 01:14 AM
C3 Shark Tank
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Leaf spring in!!! Just need the Stabalizer bar and the rear is done!!! pics inside (BAD-L88)

I got the leaf spring in today. Now, I just need my rear sway bar and I am all set in the back. I also installed the hard brake lines today and that was a huge PITA.

I installed this entire rear end alone with no helpers, and no electricity. I had never even changed the oil on a car before this project. Like James Browm says, I feel good!

:D
I know the feeling, I rebuilt everything from the driveshaft back on my 81. The only help I had was during the diff install I had someone guide the driveshaft and reinstalling the gas tank had someone hold it while I bolted things up. I've never done anything like that on a car before, got so bold I'm installing a new motor now. Next I'm gonna take over the world! :jester
Old 02-18-2002, 05:08 AM
Brutus
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Leaf spring in!!! the rear is done!!! pics inside (C3 Shark Tank)

Next I'm gonna take over the world! :jester
Gawd help us........bring back Clinton. :D
Old 02-18-2002, 08:20 AM
427V8
C6 the C5 of tomorrow
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW, thats a BIG F-in step!
Congratulations!

I've done My rear end and have worked on cars for years, it was pretty overwhelming!!!
Old 02-18-2002, 08:32 AM
Chuck Gongloff
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 561 Likes on 349 Posts

Default Re: Leaf spring in!!! Just need the Stabalizer bar and the rear is done!!! pics inside (427V8)

Great job. Here's a little tip. Don't torque down the 4 bolts which hold the spring till the car is back on the ground. If you do, this is the easiest way to break an ear off the rear cover. Then you'll hate yourself :) You want the weight on the spring to flatten it out before you tighten things. Chuck

Get notified of new replies

To Leaf spring in!!! Just need the Stabalizer bar and the rear is done!!! pics inside

Quick Reply: Leaf spring in!!! Just need the Stabalizer bar and the rear is done!!! pics inside