C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lars tuned my Holley yesterday!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2002, 11:37 AM
compuvette
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lars tuned my Holley yesterday!

I just got back to the office this morning and just had to send out a big "Thank you". I was over at Lars' house yesterday evening and had my Holley tweeked. Blkblt from the C2 forum brought over his sweet '66 L72 4-speed vert and we (Lars, I just held the flashlight!) put my Holley on it. I must say, Lars is a master! He had my Holley ripped apart, re-jetted, assembled, and installed on the vette in 15 minutes! The thing started right up and ran like a dream! We took the '66 out for a spin and it ran great! Got up to about 110MPH in no time! Man, I need a big block! And for the record Jeff, I know the Demon runs better and you still need more cam! We took off for a little itallian place that Lars knew of and got some food and beer after. It was a good time. Lars has about 10-15 Q-jets laying around his garage! I don't think I've ever seen so many in one place! I was glad to see that he had a few Holleys and Demons as well. I didn't feel too out of place that way! Anyway, I can't wait to get the engine for the '71 done so I can try out the carb! And Lars, I will see you in a couple of months. We will go get some more beer!
Old 02-17-2002, 12:07 PM
Golden80
Race Director

Default Re: Lars tuned my Holley yesterday! (compuvette)

Sweet! Good to hear that he's back into the swing of things. I read a previous post that was talking about how fast he was able to remove a carb. I'm surprised he doesn't have the fire department there everyday from the carb gaskets catching on fire because he pulls them so fast.

For me pulling my QJet is a 2 1/2 hour job. If Lars sees this are there any plans of having another Carb tuning session in the near future? I'm only getting about 15 MPG out of mine right now. And I'd love to repay everyone for the beer I drank from our last paint-shop get-to-gether! I also have an out of alignment front bumper that I would like to see if he could take a look at.

Matt

[Modified by Golden80, 9:09 AM 2/17/2002]
Old 02-17-2002, 01:15 PM
lars
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: At my Bar drinking and wrenching in Lafayette Colorado
Received 4,920 Likes on 1,929 Posts

Josh -
Great having you guys come over yesterday evening - fun as always meeting people from the Forum, playing with the cars, and getting doused with gas out of Jeff's '66...! Poor Jeff - I think we're going to wear out the carb studs on his engine from all the Forum carb testing we've done on his car...! But it sure is fun, and I look forward to hearing how the Holley ends up running on your car and having you stop out here again next time!

Matt -
I am definitely planning on running a Q-Jet teardown, setup & tuning session soon. I have a few jobs to get caught up on, and then I'll put a session together and give plenty of notice here on the Forum. However, if you'd like to come over sometime and just go through yours real quick, we can do that, too. Just lemme' know...

Old 02-17-2002, 02:10 PM
Blkblt
Drifting

:seeya Josh. Great to meet you last evening.

You wrote: "Man, I need a big block! And for the record Jeff, I know the Demon runs better and you still need more cam!"

You are three for three, my man. Correct on all counts. :yesnod: :lol:

As for the latter, the Silver Beast will be getting a Comp 288AR and full roller system in the fairly near future, once we get my "correct" Hi-per square port heads built. Needless to say, this will be a Grimsrud system. Like you, I am also a damned good flashlight holder..... :D :D

I hope to see you in the area again.

Jeff
Ô66. Modified L72
ÒThe Silver BeastÓ
Keep on :seeya :cheers:
Old 02-17-2002, 03:28 PM
Roadster71
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Re: Lars tuned my Holley yesterday! (Blkblt)

I'll be coming to Colorado in the fall Elk hunting. Humm, I wonder if I should drive the 71?
Wish I lived closer!
Old 02-17-2002, 04:00 PM
Golden80
Race Director

Default Re: Lars tuned my Holley yesterday! (Roadster71)

If you can stuff all your hunting equipment into the car I'd say go for it.
Old 02-17-2002, 04:17 PM
micks69
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Lars tuned my Holley yesterday! (Golden80)

If you can stuff all your hunting equipment into the car I'd say go for it.
The stuff will fit. But what I'd really like to see is the Elk on the luggage rack! :jester
Old 02-17-2002, 04:19 PM
Golden80
Race Director

Default Re: Lars tuned my Holley yesterday! (micks69)

Oops...I spaced that. Just bring some bungee cord.
Old 02-17-2002, 05:25 PM
Roadster71
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Re: Lars tuned my Holley yesterday! (Golden80)

A elk strapped on the back of a c3 would make a picture for sure.
Old 02-17-2002, 05:40 PM
Golden80
Race Director

Default Re: Lars tuned my Holley yesterday! (Roadster71)

Just noticed you have a ragtop. Too bad you don't have a fastback window. Just lay down some garbage bags and stuff em in there. :lol:

Get notified of new replies

To Lars tuned my Holley yesterday!

Quick Reply: Lars tuned my Holley yesterday!