C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Could someone please check thier upper A-Arms, Are they different widths?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2002, 04:08 PM
spokewrench
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Could someone please check thier upper A-Arms, Are they different widths?

I am right in the middle of rebuilding my upper arms and noticed that the passenger side is 1/2" shorter (when measured end to end where the rod and bushings go on, outside flange to outside flange parallel to the rod) is this normal or do I have a bent a-arm. Always happens when your so close to finishing, I guess their goes our cruise for today!
Old 02-16-2002, 07:15 PM
spokewrench
Pro

Default Re: Could someone please check thier upper A-Arms, Are they different widths? (spokewrench)

THE OWNER BEFORE US DECIDED TO INSTALL THE LAST SET OF BUSHINGS
WITHOUT ANY SUPPORT AND BENT THE FRIGGIN THING. it seems most the things I fix on this vette are screw ups from previous owners that did not know what they were doing! :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad
Old 02-16-2002, 07:31 PM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Default Re: Could someone please check thier upper A-Arms, Are they different widths? (spokewrench)

The arms are a bit wider than the inner rod length, I think that facilitates the install of the bushings....the arm will compress to flange and you can see that as you tighten up the end cap bolts...top and bottom the same way...
the two flanges on each pivot point that compress fit over the outer bushing shell can be tapped into rough alignment, it's obvious how that goes....

jGENE
Old 02-16-2002, 10:05 PM
lyonsh
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you answered your own question in your second post, but JIC I just walked out in the garage and measured mine. They're the same on both sides.
Old 02-16-2002, 10:17 PM
spokewrench
Pro

Default Re: Could someone please check thier upper A-Arms, Are they different widths? (lyonsh)

Thanks for measuring!
SPOKE-
Old 02-17-2002, 01:59 AM
Nomad78SA
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spoke,
In the end if you need some more control arms let me know for I have a set off a 78 sitting in the garage that I am not going to use.
Neil in Tenn

Get notified of new replies

To Could someone please check thier upper A-Arms, Are they different widths?

Quick Reply: Could someone please check thier upper A-Arms, Are they different widths?