C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got crank and rotating assembly back from machine shop and am thrilled!!! pic inside

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2002, 02:11 PM
BAD-L88
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Got crank and rotating assembly back from machine shop and am thrilled!!! pic inside

The machine shop explained to me how they balanced it first against itself and then against the rotaing assembly. He also honed 1/1000th of of the hole in the harmonic balancer which he says will make life a lot easier. My pistons had notched domes, he smoothed them all out. He explained to me that the angles in the domes were "hot spots" of pre-ignition and by smoothing them out the fuel flows over it faster and reduces the problem. Overall he really went to town on my stiff and I am thrilled!

pics 92-109 http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/badl88/vw...op.jpg&.view=t
&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/badl88/lst%3f%26.dir=/My%2bPhotos%26.src=ph%26.view=t
Old 02-16-2002, 02:16 PM
topless68
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Got crank and rotating assembly back from machine shop and am thrilled!!! pic inside (BAD-L88)

:cool:

:cheers: :cheers:
Old 02-16-2002, 02:48 PM
One GM A Tech
Pro

Default Re: Got crank and rotating assembly back from machine shop and am thrilled!!! pic inside (BAD-L88)

:cool: :cool: :cool: :) :cool: :flag :cheers: :cheers:
Old 02-16-2002, 02:54 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

Don't you love it when you find a master of his/her trade! Not enough young people heading in that direction these days.
Old 02-16-2002, 09:50 PM
jimduchek
Racer

Default Re: Got crank and rotating assembly back from machine shop and am thrilled!!! pic inside (paul79)

Suggest you post the name+address+phone num of the shop. Word-of-mouth is still the best advertisement for these guys!

Jim

Get notified of new replies

To Got crank and rotating assembly back from machine shop and am thrilled!!! pic inside

Quick Reply: Got crank and rotating assembly back from machine shop and am thrilled!!! pic inside