C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kentucky Race Teams????

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2002, 02:32 PM
livin
Drifting

Received 275 Likes on 86 Posts

Default Kentucky Race Teams????

Does anyone know of any Kentucky Race teams. I am looking for a race team that bought 3 ZR-1's in 70. 2 coupes and a vert and they were all modified w/ flares and side-exhaust before original delivery ever took place. I am told the guy who was going to race died in Vietnam the two coupes were raced by someone else and the vert was used as a parade car, It was blue on blue 70 ZR-1 Vert. The car was sold the second time in 82 to a dealer who let his son drive it, He changed the car from blue on blue to black on black. Put a radio in it and replaced the metal shroud for a plastic one due to a bad repair going south. The last owner did a frame off on the car in 94 and finished it in 96. Does anyone know of a Kentucky Race team or of this story.......? :)
Thanks,
Jacob
Old 02-15-2002, 03:19 PM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

Default Re: Kentucky Race Teams???? (livin)

Jacob,
Not that i want to "rain on your parade" but do have any idea how old the "son who died in the war" story is?? Almost as old as the one about the guy who shot up heroin in a new vette except it was battery acid and he died in the car, the car looked great but they could never get that smell out of it. In other words watch your step. Real road race (SCCA) cars have a ownership chain and a history, it isn`t always easy to find but it`s there somewhere.Most SCCA type cars (of value) were raced before`73. and those raced after (in most cases) don`t. .....redvetracr

Old 02-15-2002, 03:40 PM
livin
Drifting

Received 275 Likes on 86 Posts

Default Re: Kentucky Race Teams???? (redvetracr)

Hi Howard,

The car was actually never raced. It was never even put into a competition or anything except a parade. I don't understand where the story.... being the oldest one in the book came from. I mean who cares. All I know is that the car is really awesome and that it is documented to the first three owners. I love the car it looks like yours w/ the flares, however there is no roll bar, and it is a total show car. Very powerful, but too nice to race hard. :cool:

Just curious about the knowledge of any Kentucky Race Teams.

Get notified of new replies

To Kentucky Race Teams????

Quick Reply: Kentucky Race Teams????