C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Broken 1973 T-Tops

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2002, 12:22 PM
ncsubill
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken 1973 T-Tops

I have a problem with the T-Tops on my 1973. The front "Tab" on the T-Top that inserts into the slot on the T-Top Frame on the car is tearing lose from the T-Top itself. Do anyone know how or where I can get this fixed. I live in Raleigh, NC. It looks like the Tab is attached to a piece of fiberglass or something then glued to the T-top itself. Can anyone lend me some advise on this topic.

Thanks
Old 02-15-2002, 01:30 PM
KenSny
Melting Slicks

Received 276 Likes on 201 Posts

Default Re: Broken 1973 T-Tops (ncsubill)

I've got just about the same problem. Except it's the front "pin" that goes in above the windshield on the driver's side T-Top. The original owner dropped the top about 15 years ago and never fixed the problem - he just decided it was easier to use a towel to stop the water that came in from that corner. Ths is the main reason I'm still living with the cheezy Astro-Top.

I have taken the top to a number of different places. The problem is repairing it so the metal "slider" for the bolts is still loose to make adjustments. No one around here wants to tackle the job.

I am probably going to try to repair it myself and if it doesn't work then I'll pick up a used top core and paint it and install all my hardware.
Old 02-15-2002, 04:31 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

Default Re: Broken 1973 T-Tops (ncsubill)

There are various repair components available.
http://store.yahoo.com/zipproducts/b...omponents.html
Old 02-15-2002, 04:35 PM
KenSny
Melting Slicks

Received 276 Likes on 201 Posts

Default Re: Broken 1973 T-Tops (paul79)

Paul, those are all good replacement parts, but not much for repairing the mounting areas. Because the windshield alignment pin and the 2 t-bar tabs take a lot of stress from latching down the tops, and adjusting for fit, that area absorbs a lot of stress..

Get notified of new replies

To Broken 1973 T-Tops

Quick Reply: Broken 1973 T-Tops