C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any good paint shops you would recommend in central N.J.?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2002, 12:04 PM
spokewrench
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Any good paint shops you would recommend in central N.J.?

Our 70 needs a total strip down and re-paint, I'm looking for a trustworthy bodyshop, that is not trying to retire from painting our vette! Any Idea what
this should run?
Old 02-15-2002, 02:07 PM
ruskus
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Any good paint shops you would recommend in central N.J.? (spokewrench)

I haven't done any paint work my Vette, but got on a first name basis with V&F Autobody in Metuchen, 732-321-6919, about 16 months ago. I had three different incidents (Me and a deer, Me and an old fart, Wife and girl on a cell phone). THey were the local choice of my insurance company, USAA, and did a great job each time. I think one of the owners may have a Vette. Definately worth a look.

Russ
Old 02-15-2002, 03:01 PM
0Mike69@ECS
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default Re: Any good paint shops you would recommend in central N.J.? (spokewrench)

you might try posting this in the Northeast section.... Maybe someone over there can shed some more light on this for you.
Old 02-15-2002, 06:51 PM
bl75vette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Spokewrench
See we are neighbors. I just had my 75 completely stripped, new Tru-flex front and rear bumpers fitted and some uncovered body flaws reworked. I went to 4 different body shops and their prices ranged from $5500 - 10,000. He charged me $3500 + tax. The name of the place is Plainfield Auto Rebuilders Inc. 26 Steiner Place Noth Plainfield, NJ. Owners name is BOB. I am quite happy with his work except for the fact that he had the car for 3 months!! Used it for fill in work I suppose. If you need any other info please feel free to contact me. If you go there tell him that BOb with the white 75 sent you. Good Luck!!!
Old 02-15-2002, 08:07 PM
spokewrench
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: Any good paint shops you would recommend in central N.J.? (bl75vette)

Thanks everyone!

SPOKE-
Old 02-15-2002, 08:38 PM
ED DINAPOLI
Drifting

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Spokewrench,
This is one area that I do not like to get involved. There have been many sad stories regarding very good body and paint shops and Corvette owners. After you listen to many of these stories the common issue is usually is bad communications. The owner did not get a good understanding of what he was getting for his money. I can tell you that if you dont get in writing what your deal is and understand what all the terms are. You will probably will not be happy when you go to pay the bill. In order to know what the body shop is going to do to your car, you need to understand what is the correct way to; strip, fix the body work, and paint the car. You cant let anyone fool you. With that said I will give you several shops that can do this work. They will be of all different prices. This is Not a recomendation for any of these shops. Do your home work, as this will cost you between $5000-$12000.
Ed
Frankies Auto Body
Edison NJ

Lincoln AutoBody
Middlesex NJ

Bob Caruso
Corvette Country
Lakewood NJ

Ferrari Brothers
New Brunswick NJ

[Modified by ED DINAPOLI, 7:33 PM 2/15/2002]

Get notified of new replies

To Any good paint shops you would recommend in central N.J.?

Quick Reply: Any good paint shops you would recommend in central N.J.?