C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Englishtown road course

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2002, 11:48 AM
fastback79
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Englishtown road course

Anybody have information info on what series (SCCA, NASA, etc..) will be using the road course this year. Is Englishtown planning to run their own point classes?
Old 02-15-2002, 12:18 PM
0Mike69@ECS
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default Re: Englishtown road course (fastback79)

:confused: Dunno.

I heard they are putting up gardrails on a couple of the turns. Which rules out the use of my car. :( Now I'll have to buy another vette~ :D
Old 02-15-2002, 12:30 PM
Gordonm
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 464 Posts

Default Re: Englishtown road course (Mike69)

Mike i was thinking the same thing. If I spin or lose grip in the corner I'm going for a ride. If there is a guard rail I'm crunching fiberglass. No thanks on that. I'd love to run but not at that cost. Maybe a couple of low speed laps.
Old 02-15-2002, 12:51 PM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

Mike69 & GordonM
Come on guys, Don`t let a little guardrail scare you. A fast lap on a road course, dicing with other cars is worth it. You can`t imagine what your missing !!
....redvetracr

[Modified by redvetracr, 10:57 AM 2/15/2002]
Old 02-15-2002, 01:23 PM
fastback79
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not too fond of using my 79' on a road course, but I'm considering picking up an early third generation F-body for a couple grand to use for road racing.
Old 02-15-2002, 03:20 PM
0Mike69@ECS
Former Vendor

Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default Re: Englishtown road course (redvetracr)

Mike69 & GordonM
Come on guys, Don`t let a little guardrail scare you. A fast lap on a road course, dicing with other cars is worth it. You can`t imagine what your missing !!
....redvetracr
I really want to do the road course, but with all the blood and sweat I've put into this thing in the last 4 years it's going to be really hard to do! I wish they would just install some deep sand pits and forget the gardrail Idea. It would be very difficult to run my vette to the edge when I know there is a gardrail waiting to crush the entire side of the car. I might try it with my BMW if I dont get another car by next season~!

Howard have you ever wrecked yours on a course??? Just curious how it holds up?

I think an f-body or something like that is a good idea. I know I was eyeing up a couple of older C4's a few months ago when I first heard about the road course...Hey you could pick up a used miata or something too. I'd still rather drive the vette! :cheers:
Old 02-15-2002, 03:35 PM
redvetracr
Race Director

Mike69,
Yes i have, the car above was wrecked both front and back, it was "in the air" as the AC Cobra driver behind me put it. It cost a ton of money to fix and i did quite a bit of the work myself. BUT knowing the risk vs reward, It`s worth it ! Keep in mind my car is not an "old bone" someone built in his backyard it`s the third of three Owens-Corning fiberglass built cars. .......redvetracr
Old 02-15-2002, 03:47 PM
0Mike69@ECS
Former Vendor

Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default Re: Englishtown road course (redvetracr)

Wow I guess your right. Maybe I will give it a shot with the vette - after I get the new rims and tires! I allways say it was ment to drive....What the hell I'll give it a shot!!!! (If I wreck it are you going to help me rebuild it???) :lol:

So come on give us some tips on keeping the shiny side of a C3 up on a road course!!!! :cheers:
Old 02-15-2002, 04:53 PM
redvetracr
Race Director

Mike69,
Advise, Sure, But keep in mind internet advise is ONLY worth what you pay for it. I believe the key to driving in competition is "seat time" the more you can afford ($$) to get the better you will be, start with a "good" drivers school program and get as much "seat time" as you can. I am not a big believer in autocross or track days BUT ya gotta start somewhere.
......redvetracr

Get notified of new replies

To Englishtown road course

Quick Reply: Englishtown road course