C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Re: LARS - Been Said Before - Needs to be Said AGAIN

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2002, 01:48 AM
74Coupe
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: LARS - Been Said Before - Needs to be Said AGAIN

We all know about LARS, well he again proved to me that he's "DA MAN". About 3 weeks ago I sent him my Q-jet Carb and my Distributor. In less than 2 weeks they were on their way back. When I opened the boxes they looked so good that I started having second thoughts about putting them back in the car.

The carb, As Lars discovered was from a 74 Chevy truck and its settings were way off for what should be in a Vette. He worked his magic and set and tuned it the way it should be, proving his knowledge of the Q-jets.

My mechanical ability is not the greatest, but following Lars instruction sheets everything went back together almost as easy as it came out. When it came to setting the timing I had a few problems (my lack of ability), so I sent him an e-mail requesting his HELP. To my surprise, he did not e-mail me BUT instead he called me. A little phone tag and we hooked up. What a pleasure to talk to, he listened to my explanation of what I did, then made his suggestions, while all the time assuring me that its was something I could do. He took the time to be sure I understood what he was saying.

The bottom line is the car has NEVER NEVER NEVER run this good. Lars is a real gentleman to our sport, he wants all our Vettes to run at their best. He is willing to give of himself to help us out. Let me finish with:

LARS IS "DA MAN"
Old 02-15-2002, 01:53 AM
LT1driver
Le Mans Master

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Default Re: LARS - Been Said Before - Needs to be Said AGAIN (74Coupe)

Ditto on that, he has answered numerous questions to guide me on my cars, lars is "the man." :D :D
Old 02-15-2002, 03:53 AM
Corellian Corvette
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: LARS - Been Said Before - Needs to be Said AGAIN (LT1driver)

It doesn't get any better than Lars. I've had several dealing with him even on non-vette related stuff, and he's AAA class!!
Old 02-15-2002, 05:01 AM
marky mark
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Re: LARS - Been Said Before - Needs to be Said AGAIN (Corellian Corvette)

What they said!!!

regards, mark :flag :chevy
Old 02-15-2002, 07:40 AM
Dalannex
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: LARS - Been Said Before - Needs to be Said AGAIN (marky mark)

You said it! When I was working on my paint job I bothered Lars with questions so many times any "normal man" would have had me shot. :eek: But Lars was always willing to help with expert advice, as well as encouragement, even if I was asking stupid questions. His ability to deal with people is as good as his ability to work on cars. Always friendly, encouraging, interested, and helpful. If Lars ever gets around too many of us CF people at one time he will have so many of us buying him a beer he'll end up being carried out in a wheelbarrow. :cheers: :D
Old 02-15-2002, 08:59 AM
30yr Wait
Instructor

Hey 74Coupe
I see you finally got some pics working.
lookin good!!!!!

Pat :cheers:
Old 02-15-2002, 10:18 AM
1LE
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with all of the above statements. One thing that puzzles me is I also sent my q-jet to Lars about the same time you did, and guess what, He said my carb was off of a GMC truck too. A 75 or 76. Is it possible that the casting # for the Truck carbs are the same used on the Vette's? The jetting was too small for the Vette and he re jetted it and did a fantastic job. He is "DA MAN" when it comes to Q-jets. The weather last weekend finally got to where I could drive the car and try out the new (re-built carb) and it worked great.
Old 02-15-2002, 10:44 AM
74-Roadster
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06
Father & Son St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: LARS - Been Said Before - Needs to be Said AGAIN (1LE)

I sent him mine back in Septemeber and YES, his patience and ability to communicate is quite a gift!!! :yesnod: :yesnod:

I've painted cars before but have downloaded his tech papers and will be implementing his methods when I redo my 74. I sure wish I had enough discretionary income to fly him down when I'm starting, but the beer may cost more than the airfare! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He is "Da Man"!
Old 02-15-2002, 11:57 AM
Edzred72
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lars is not only a credit to the automotive world, but a credit to humanity. I wish more people were like him. I call him the "High Priest" of Vettes. :cheers:
Old 02-15-2002, 01:20 PM
Cookwithvette
Burning Brakes

Default Re: LARS - Been Said Before - Needs to be Said AGAIN (Silvr77)

How does St. Lars sound? :D

He hooked me up with a guide to making a nice fuel line for my Demon. Everything I've heard about this guy is great. It's inspiring to know that such nice people still exist.

-Matt
Old 02-15-2002, 01:26 PM
thejaf
Melting Slicks

Default Re: LARS - Been Said Before - Needs to be Said AGAIN (Dalannex)

You said it! When I was working on my paint job I bothered Lars with questions so many times any "normal man" would have had me shot. :eek: But Lars was always willing to help with expert advice, as well as encouragement, even if I was asking stupid questions. His ability to deal with people is as good as his ability to work on cars. Always friendly, encouraging, interested, and helpful. If Lars ever gets around too many of us CF people at one time he will have so many of us buying him a beer he'll end up being carried out in a wheelbarrow. :cheers: :D
:yesnod: Ditto :cheers: Lars has been an excellent resource and very willing to take time out and help.
Old 02-15-2002, 06:09 PM
TJRed76
Burning Brakes

Default Re: LARS - Been Said Before - Needs to be Said AGAIN (thejaf)

I will soon be a recipient of the loaner carb program. Lars emailed me to appolagize for not boxing it up on valentines day, he was going to waite until the weekend. They don't made um like him anymore.

THANKS LARS!!!! Budget bunny beginners like me need great guys like you.

Drive ON,
TJ :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

[Modified by TJRed76, 10:10 PM 2/15/2002]
Old 02-15-2002, 06:25 PM
rambler323
Burning Brakes

Default Re: LARS - Been Said Before - Needs to be Said AGAIN (74-Roadster)

SPEECH SPEECH SPEECH!!!!

I've painted cars before but have downloaded his tech papers and will be implementing his methods when I redo my 74.
He is "Da Man"!
What is the URL for this stuff?

Old 02-15-2002, 07:34 PM
7Roadster5
Intermediate

Fellow Vetters,

I am compelled to share my most recent experience with Lars with all forum members. Last week I sent my carb to him as well... for him to work his magic. My carb arrived as scheduled. A few days later I received an e-mail from him informing me that he had had an unfortunate accident in his vette. Fortunately, no one was injuryed. He went on to apologize..... that's right apologize for the delay in working on my carb. Can anyone imagine cracking -up your Vette and setting your concerns aside to take care of a small job of a fellow vetter. Talk about unselfishness! Very few Americans put the concerns of others before their own. Lars, is the Ultimate corvette/auto hobby enthausis. With friends like him.... who needs enemies. It's my dream to head a convoy to his home someday just to show our appreciation for his dedication and loyalty to our favorite past time. cheers:
Old 02-15-2002, 08:21 PM
The_Dude
Team Owner

Received 473 Likes on 140 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '16-'17

Default Re: LARS - Been Said Before - Needs to be Said AGAIN

Another "me too". He rebuilt the Holley carburetor from my wifes '65 Tbird a couple of weeks ago. He got it back to us as scheduled, and at a very reasonable price. Thanks Lars!! :cheers:
Old 02-15-2002, 09:32 PM
e3pres
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Old 02-16-2002, 12:59 AM
ROD NOCK
Pro

I had been watching Lars' posts on helping fellow vetters out there. When I started hearing good feedback about his work, I knew this man was as genuine as his words! When his request came along for 7/8's inlet fittings, I found myself in the garage sorting thru my parts and supplies. I ended up sending him a whole box of parts and an extra SB Q-jet I didn't need. He promptly responded to each email of shipment and delivery! He even followed up with a 'ThankYou' email and invited me to help drink his beer! I just don't know where he finds all this time to run a family, hold a job, work on his project cars, do all those other things that come inbetween, answer forum members calls/emails AND work on carbs!! Whata guy! Oh, and 7roadster5, you can pick me up in the 'caravan' to his house! I have this GIANT cooler on wheels...
Hats-off to ya Lars!! -Rod :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To Re: LARS - Been Said Before - Needs to be Said AGAIN

Old 02-16-2002, 09:38 AM
blk05coupe
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

he is the best :cheers: :cheers:
Old 02-16-2002, 11:55 AM
Dalannex
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: LARS - Been Said Before - Needs to be Said AGAIN (rambler323)

What is the URL for this stuff?

When he sees this topic he'll post. Then email him or more than likely he'll email you. He will send you his paper via email. I used it when I painted my car and am VERY happy with the results. If he doesn't get in touch with you email me and I'll give you his contact info.

-Justin
Old 02-16-2002, 12:04 PM
paso
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: LARS - Been Said Before - Needs to be Said AGAIN (Dalannex)

And he is even famous here in Canada. What a guy! A international star. Keep up the good work Lars. :)

Quick Reply: Re: LARS - Been Said Before - Needs to be Said AGAIN