C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need HELP with Brakes (ergent

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2002, 12:59 AM
akstreker
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need HELP with Brakes (ergent

Well i just took apart my dumb brake, for the hand brake if any body knows how many turns out dose that lowere screw thing for the ajustment or the brakes has to be out plz tell me because i dont want to do this buy triel and eror cuz might ivolve taking of the damn disk brakes and wheels a number of times. :mad
Old 02-15-2002, 01:06 AM
fauxrs
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: I need HELP with Brakes (ergent (akstreker)

Well i just took apart my dumb brake, for the hand brake if any body knows how many turns out dose that lowere screw thing for the ajustment or the brakes has to be out plz tell me because i dont want to do this buy triel and eror cuz might ivolve taking of the damn disk brakes and wheels a number of times. :mad
Must be the beer, I can barely understand what your question is. :lol:

Anyway, if I understand correctly you are removing the caliper and rotor to adjust the parking brake star wheel? This does not have to be done - there is a hole in the rotor that when aligned properly gives you access to the star wheel.

Follow the instructions in you shop manual (hanyes, chilton, what have you) and you should be okay. Keep in mind that there are several locations for adjustement of the parking brake, and that Corvette parking brakes are notorius for not functioning well (if at all.)

The number of turns required for adjustment will vary depending on how taught the cable is and how much material is left on the shoes in the parking brake assembly. I do not believe there is a standard setting.

Quick Reply: I need HELP with Brakes (ergent