C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Distributor Came Defective From Summit..

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2002, 12:00 AM
Jenny
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Distributor Came Defective From Summit..

I'm really dissaopointed. One of the contacts where the spark plug wires plug into is shaven off, i called summit racing and they said the best they can do is if i send this one back and theyll give me another, well this way i'm out the cost of shipping 2 ways, and more importantly time. It was supposed to go in on sunday :(.

I had bought a new cap for my existing distributor. I'm gonna try to switch caps and see if they're compatible. If not, i might just go buy another cap. I was dissapointed with Summmit customer service. The guy was a complete jerk.
Old 02-14-2002, 12:29 AM
Jenny
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Distributor Came Defective From Summit.. (Jenny)

Gee Jen, that sure sucks. you should call summit and talk to a manager. :rolleyes:

I had to give myself a pity reply, i'm sorry.
Old 02-14-2002, 12:30 AM
ddn
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd call and make the cross-ship it. I'm sure they'll do it, and maybe you can get it delivered saturday. It's their bad, they are a big place, they'll make it right.

I hope.
Old 02-14-2002, 12:37 AM
Cruzmeisters
Race Director

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Re: Distributor Came Defective From Summit.. (ddn)

They're usually pretty good, 'cept an inside man recommended the wrong distributor and I had to ship it back. I was surprised when they charged shipping for the second one, since it was their fault. I didn't challenge them, as 6 or 7 bux won't kill me...I figured they needed the $$ more than me :( :( :( (read: Sarcasm) :yesnod:
Cruz
Old 02-14-2002, 12:51 AM
topless68
Melting Slicks

Gee Jenny, they offered to give you a brand new one, it sounds like w/o a whole lot of hassle.

What'd you want them to do? Fly the customer service guy right to your home, professional mechanic to install it, full refund, and then shoot the CS Mgr? :rolleyes:
Old 02-14-2002, 01:00 AM
Jenny
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Distributor Came Defective From Summit.. (topless68)

I'd like that but it's pretty much out of bounds.

I want them to ship me another one NOW, 2 day air just what i got, w/ free shipping. This dist. is useless. And fact of the matter is, the guy told me NO multiple times. You never say NO to a customer. Basically now i'm sccrewed because i need it by sunday, and CS rep assured me it was NOT POSSIBLE to get a new unit to me by that time.. Please don't come to me w/ this sarcasm Shiat. I'm really not in the mood. Call me ****, but i've had one hell of a week and don't have time to deal with this crap.

I re-read my post. I'm sorry, i'm venting toward the wrong person. Please accept my apologies :nonod: I'm not having a good week at all. :(

[Modified by Jenny, 5:03 AM 2/14/2002]
Old 02-14-2002, 01:04 AM
ddn
Burning Brakes

A return is one thing, but a return on a defective product is another. There is no reason a customer should ever have to pick up the tab for shipping back a product that was defective. You didn't order a defective part and check a box that said "I'll pay another $7 to have you send me one that works".

No, you get the customer the part they need, not defective, as soon as possible. Today is Wednesday, let's assume she called today before shipping time, that leaves UPS 3-day Saturday delivery, UPS 2-day and overnight, and FedEx overnight and 2 day.

They should get you your distributor before the weekend, but they'll have to cross-ship it.
Old 02-14-2002, 01:08 AM
Smokehouse69
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Tell them to send you a call ticket for UPS. Then they pay the shipping, or you call your Credit Card company and have the charge taken off (you did pay with a card didn't you???)
Then re-order the distributor from Jegs. It should be within a couple of bucks the same price, plus if you get it standard ground shipping is free, 2nd day rates are reduced also. (This was the deal a couple weeks ago when I order some stuff.)
Old 02-14-2002, 01:08 AM
Jenny
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Distributor Came Defective From Summit.. (ddn)

ddn- i totally agree with you. I paid $10 for 2 day air. Now they want me to pay whatever UPS charges to get there, they will do a refund. And send me another.

I'm out probably at least $35 on a $100 part!!! That's rediculous.

I specifically told him i NEEDED it no matter what by Sunday. He flat out told me NO. I asked again- NO.. You cna't ship me another while i'm sending this one back- NO.

So it's up to me now, i can try bitching back or check my other cap if it fits. (Since both are accel).

:mad :mad
Old 02-14-2002, 02:04 AM
MIKER
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe you can place an order for a brand new one and send that one back for a full refund. Perhaps they will pay the shipping for the returned one since it is defective. That is the only way that I can see to expedite the transaction.
Old 02-14-2002, 02:05 AM
93Polo
Team Owner

Received 367 Likes on 314 Posts
CI 3-4-5-9 Veteran

Jenny you just can't buy any luck. I know the feeling. I ordered wheels for my Z28 during a UPS strike that was great. :rolleyes:
Old 02-14-2002, 07:36 AM
Tom454
Le Mans Master

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts

Default Re: Distributor Came Defective From Summit.. (93Polo)

There's a good possibility that the caps are interchangeable... find out... if so, then just call Summit and ask them to send you a new cap. I have seen caps defective like that many times. The shaved plug wire tower will probably work, but should be exchanged or replaced anyways. Shouldn't thwart Sundays schedule. Rise & shine & get ready to get greasy....
Old 02-14-2002, 08:40 AM
MikeC
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Distributor Came Defective From Summit.. (Tom454)

Sorry about your luck Jenny.

Thats why its nice up here, I get my parts from a local performance shop because they are cheaper than ordering from a place like Summit or Jegs. Its just my personal experience that I prefer to view/inspect the item that I am buying before it goes on my credit card. Thats just my own opinion though.

I feel you are right, they should be paying for all of the shipping for the return. Due to people cheating these companies, they require the returned product before sending a replacement. I don't like this either but its the way the world works nowadays.
Old 02-14-2002, 09:33 AM
MassVette
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Distributor Came Defective From Summit.. (Smokehouse69)

Tell them to send you a call ticket for UPS. Then they pay the shipping, or you call your Credit Card company and have the charge taken off (you did pay with a card didn't you???)
Then re-order the distributor from Jegs. It should be within a couple of bucks the same price, plus if you get it standard ground shipping is free, 2nd day rates are reduced also. (This was the deal a couple weeks ago when I order some stuff.)
I OWN a mail order business (not auto-related). Mark is 100% correct here! This is the best way to do it. To hell with Summit- guess they don't need the business.
:yesnod: :smash: :smash: :yesnod:
Old 02-14-2002, 09:40 AM
Ganey
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

So it's up to me now, i can try bitching back or check my other cap if it fits. (Since both are accel).

:mad :mad
Agree you should get a good cap. The other new cap should work & let Tom look at the Summit one, may be at least good as a spare.
Old 02-14-2002, 09:46 AM
bigvette1
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Jen, call and talk to a manager so you don;t have any other charges. Maybe you can talk to them as a loyal customer and get them to ship a new cap at their expense 2 day fedX. OR get the cap locally and get a credit back from them on both cost and shipping. Good luck.
Old 02-14-2002, 09:49 AM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 141 Likes on 124 Posts

Those West coast companies can be real Flakes,,,,,,,,,That is why I use JEGS :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To Distributor Came Defective From Summit..

Old 02-14-2002, 10:03 AM
yellow 72
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Re: Distributor Came Defective From Summit.. (Alwyn678)

Those West coast companies can be real Flakes,,,,,,,,,That is why I use JEGS :cheers:
Summit is in Akron Ohio....

:cheers:
Old 02-14-2002, 10:06 AM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 141 Likes on 124 Posts

Default Re: Distributor Came Defective From Summit.. (yellow 72)

Summit is in Akron Ohio....

:cheers:

OOOOOOPS.....My bad.... :cheers:
Old 02-14-2002, 05:46 PM
Jenny
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Distributor Came Defective From Summit.. (Tom454)

Rise & shine & get ready to get greasy....
:eek: :D Can't wait!

I got $80 of loose ends from Advance auto parts. I think that should cover pretty much everything short of the block. I'm really wondering what we're gonna do with this huge hose :D i'm guessing feed the fuel.

Also, i took the cap off the vette, it seems to fit, so i guess we are good to go.

Quick Reply: Distributor Came Defective From Summit..