C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have a question for '81 owners.

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2002, 11:50 PM
Golden80
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Have a question for '81 owners.

Does anyone have a scanned image of the wiring diagram for the PROM in the ECM? Or do you know if your car uses the "C4" emission control computer system?

Thanks,
Matt
Old 02-13-2002, 10:54 AM
Dalannex
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: Have a question for '81 owners. (Golden80)

I think you're getting in a little deep for me. I have a wiring diagram for the car, and I know the PROM is there, but that's about it. Sorry.

UKPaul should be able to help you once he gets to work. That's the only place he gets on the forum. He knows all this kind of cr@p.
Old 02-14-2002, 06:51 PM
One GM A Tech
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Have a question for '81 owners. (Dalannex)

I know that Adelphi is doing all the GM computer stuff these days but even now they wouldnt give you that kind of info. this is now delving into design territory and I dont know who was doing the computer stuff back then.might try some of the after market chip manufactures maybe someone from tech can point u in the right direction. I know that there are programs out there that let you modify on board pcm,s that can be run on the laptop with correct cable but I havent seen any thing like that for stock cars of this era.

Get notified of new replies

To Have a question for '81 owners.

Quick Reply: Have a question for '81 owners.