C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reference Manual Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2002, 05:46 PM
Edzred72
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Reference Manual Recommendations

O.K... I have an AIM, and a Chevy Passenger Car Service Manual for my 77, but neither has "engine" torque specs. Kinda weird that the Serv Manual doesn't. Every spec on the engine is there, except torque :confused: What manual would you guys recommend that has "ALL" the torque specs for my 350? Thanks in advance :cheers: :cheers:
P.S. Want to change rear main seal.. bearing cap torque # would help till I get the new manual!! :D :D :D Thanks again
Old 02-12-2002, 06:43 PM
KenSny
Melting Slicks

Received 276 Likes on 201 Posts

Default Re: Reference Manual Recommendations (Silvr77)

Yes, my AIM has the torque specs for each bolt/screw on the page where it is used.....except for the engine - because that was preassembled before it got to the assembly line. Those specs are in the HELM's GM Service manual in various locations thru out the book.
Old 02-12-2002, 07:08 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

This might be of interest. From the 1979 manual.

Old 02-12-2002, 07:44 PM
Rockn-Roll
Melting Slicks

I prefer the Haynes repair manual for engine work and wiring diagrams, however I also have the Chilton's cause it lists all the vacuum hose and smog stuff. The both have different procedures for repair and testing components, so I keep both around and decide which procedure I will use, usually though I make up my own procedure; but, it's always good to see how someone else does it first.
Old 02-12-2002, 11:10 PM
lyonsh
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, my Service Manual is for a 72, but it has all the torque specs, including engine, in the back section (titled, oddly enough, "Specifications").
Old 02-13-2002, 09:27 AM
Edzred72
Le Mans Master

Thanks guys. The 77 GM manual is "NOT" Corvette specific, They didn't make one, (so I'm told) so all Chevy pasngr cars are included. For assembly of certain engine parts, the book says "torque to specs"..Yeah sure.. where are the f*****g specs?? I do appreciate your response. `PAUL79..OH YEAH, that's the ticket..THANKS I'll be rippin that seal out tonight:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To Reference Manual Recommendations

Quick Reply: Reference Manual Recommendations