C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette Central Sucks

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2002, 10:25 AM
Armstrong
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette Central Sucks

Ordered my 81 AIM 2 WEEKS AGO!!! and still haven't received it yet. Called them up to find out whats up and they said that they would ship it immediatly. WHAT!!! You haven't even shipped it yet!!! Last Time Baby. I can throw this catalog away!!! Wasted paper!!! :mad :mad Guess I should wait and see how fast I get my AIM before I pass judgement. Everybody makes mistakes once in awhile but has anybody alse had an experiance like this with them. I haven't really heard anything about them on the forum and this is the first time I've used them. Wouldn't be so upset if I didn't need the damn thing so bad. OH well I'm done now. Sorry for the rant just had to let off some steam.
Old 02-12-2002, 10:35 AM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 143 Likes on 126 Posts

Default Re: Corvette Central Sucks (Armstrong)

I am with ya......u may wanna try The Last Detail right here in Atlanta GA :cheers:
Old 02-12-2002, 10:36 AM
Ganey
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Have not ordered from them. Some say they have the best carpet now.

:cool:
Old 02-12-2002, 03:01 PM
R. Bruno
Drifting

Ther have been numerous complaints about Corvette Central in the past 6mnths or so on the forum- check the back threads! I never ordered from them but did throw the catalog away after I heard the horror stories here. There are some relly great suppliers. I figure - Why take chances?
Old 02-12-2002, 03:09 PM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

Default Re: Corvette Central Sucks (Alwyn678)

Alwyn,
did your new distributor mainshaft (and tach gear??) come from TLD??????
Old 02-12-2002, 03:17 PM
ZD75blue
Race Director

Default Re: Corvette Central Sucks (redvetracr)

yeah they do... way to long for parts, call and get different answers from different people... i'm sticking with ecklers and zip for now
Old 02-12-2002, 03:26 PM
GaryS
Melting Slicks

If you boys and girls want the fastest, best service on books, AIMs, Service Manuals, etc, give the guys at the NCRS store at http://www.ncrs.org a call. I usually get my stuff sent the same day and it usually arrives at my house within five days. You don't have to be a member of the NCRS to use their store. Besides, these guys are able to answer questions about the stuff they sell and they are friendly.
Gary
Old 02-12-2002, 03:26 PM
gerry72
Safety Car

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

Default Re: Corvette Central Sucks (ZD75blue)

I ordered a front exhaust pipe hanger for my '72 (2.5" Automatic...the one that secures the pipes at the crossmember) a couple of weeks back to test the waters after their warehouse debacle. She said it was in stock and that I should have it in around 10 days. That was on a Thursday. I had the bracket on that Monday, or only five days from when I ordered it.

Customer service was pleasant and they delivered the exact item faster than they promised. This experience was less then two weeks ago, so I'm not going from an historical perspective. I'll use them again, or anyone else, until they **** me off.
Old 02-12-2002, 04:57 PM
DEN78SA
Advanced

I have ordered from them the last two years with nothing but good ship times, turn around and customer service. Last month I ordered a new steering wheel (dark red) for my 78 SA, turns out I needed the regular red(my mistake). I sent it right back to them and they sent the one I needed and I received one week later. All they charged me was the $10.00 shipping charge and no restocking fee. I also think their prices are very competative. Its hard to get a really fair evaluation on the different suppliers sometimes. Find the one that fits and stick with them. P.S. Sorry to hear about your bad experience! :D
Old 02-12-2002, 04:59 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 143 Likes on 126 Posts

Default Re: Corvette Central Sucks (redvetracr)

Alwyn,
did your new distributor mainshaft (and tach gear??) come from TLD??????
Yes it did indeed!!! I picked it up myself
Old 02-12-2002, 05:30 PM
Rich80
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I just ordered some stuff from them. Took about a month. They said it took long because I paid with a personal check...
Old 02-12-2002, 06:58 PM
Binnie77
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Corvette Central lost my business a year ago when they sent my order by mistake to an address in California...of course California is so close to Nova Scotia I can understand the mistake :confused: Then to add fuel to the fire they resent the order to me and charged me a second time on my credit card :conehead
Old 02-12-2002, 10:07 PM
noskillz
Racer

Tried Zip, C-Central, and Paragon over the last few months. The delivery time for C-Central seemed to be right on par with the others and C-Central seems to carry more parts that I need.

I wish the other suppliers did what Paragon does. They give you a UPS tracking link when you order. VERY GOOD. :cheers: Also, their stick with it rogram had the lowest purchase requirements.

Zip is OK, but they use some Yahoo storefront when you check out. Kind of a PITA to use and was not branded very well. I wasn't sure I was still on the Zip sight or ordering from Yahoo, or what. :confused:
Old 02-12-2002, 10:18 PM
Anar76
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Corvette Central Sucks (Ganey)

They have been making that mistake since they moved, Probably about a year now.
I stopped using them when this first started, tried again a few months later , no change , and obviously they still havn't changed.
Thanks for the tip , I won't be using them again
Old 02-12-2002, 10:45 PM
bigvette1
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Your experience has been common. They do not tell you or notify you that a part is on back order. You wait and wait and then call and they give you a date. I have ask them and all mail order houses to confirm the part is in stock before I order, or give me firm date so I can decide if I want to wait. Frustrating as hell.
Old 02-12-2002, 10:49 PM
chevyman
Racer

I placed an order last year for my rocker moulding ...Took four weeks. Like the rest I threw the catalog away. I priced there door panels at $259 each, and found the exact same for $290 a pair. It wll be here in two days. Thats service.
Old 02-12-2002, 11:03 PM
Blkblt
Drifting

A couple of years ago, CC seemed to be very good. Parts I ordered for my '66 BB seemed to be in stock and were shipped promptly.

My last two orders, however, ended in backorders that took weeks for delivery. I know other C2ers have had similar problems. I wonder if any of these parts outlets have people assigned to check into this forum on occasion to get a trend in thinking regarding their services..... :eek:

Nah....to simple and to much effort, probably...... :rolleyes:

I tossed my CC catalog after the last experience. There are a number of other good outlets out there that can service in a timely manner. Poopies upon them..... :jester

Jeff
'66; modified L72
The Silver Beast
Keep on :seeya :seeya :flag :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Central Sucks

Old 02-12-2002, 11:19 PM
spiru
Instructor

I personally have never ordered anything from them, however I know people that have and they seemed pleased. What happened to cause such discontent with a long time Corvette supplier?
Old 02-12-2002, 11:26 PM
Budman68
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

Default Re: Corvette Central Sucks (spiru)

I received a 78 diecat from them for Christmas. I had to send it back twice because of broken off or cracked pieces. I think I spend 15.00 worth of shipping on a present to me. I'm done until they prove to me they have fixed their problems.
Old 02-13-2002, 01:12 AM
rmadlem
Burning Brakes

They truly are the worst. Same excuse every time I call......."New computer system" How long is a new system new???
It sucks cause they're only about an hour away from me!! :nopity

Quick Reply: Corvette Central Sucks