C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Making progress ....

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2002, 11:51 AM
SmokedTires
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05

Default Making progress ....

Well the JCL pipes are ordered. Getting the chromed version with the spiral baffles. :)

For tranmission choice, I've decided to go with the Tremec TKO. I started to cut the transmission crossmember out of the car. Oh what fun that is, laying on my back with the hand grinder in hand and sparks flying everywhere (I've come to the conclusion that I'm not afraid to tackle & change just about anything on my pride & joy :crazy: ). I plan on ordering the bolt in crossmember from Bowtie Overdrives to mount on my car plus remove a ton of weight by going with a round tube crossbar versus the hugh boxed steel stock member. The bottom of the crossmember is now diconnected form the frame rails, but I'm going to use my sawsall for the upper section so I don't hit either the gas or brake lines.

The rear differential is all together with the Tom's 30 spline polished posi and side yokes and ready to be bolted back up into the car.

My goal is to have everything done by April to get some miles on before driving to Bowling Green for the Cruisein :D .

:crazy:

Quick Reply: Making progress ....