C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered the distributor from Summit/thnx :*(

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2002, 02:06 AM
Jenny
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordered the distributor from Summit/thnx :*(

It'll be here in 2 days. Its strange... i'm kinda scared. I mean... what if we just can't get it working right. :( My worst fear is once this is working right, it'll cause something else to fail. I guess i'm a little discouraged right now. sigh. :(

I can't say thank you enough for everyone's help. Words can't express my gratitude. You know who you are. I'd be lost w/o you.
Old 02-11-2002, 02:08 AM
Stingy74
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Ordered the distributor from Summit/thnx :*( (Jenny)

I'm sorry, i've been hanging out in OT too much and miss alot of the good threads here in C3. Why are you getting a new distributor?
Old 02-11-2002, 02:14 AM
Jenny
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Ordered the distributor from Summit/thnx :*( (Stingy74)

For some reason, my car has Cali. Computer control on it. Well, the advance is computer controlled. The computer also controls the carb. Since i had sensors everywhere by an inporoperly installed crate engine, i decided to eliminate the computer control. i.e. AC was kind enough to send me a Holley non computer carb, i ordered a new manifold, and most recently this HEI vacuum advance distributor. Hopefully this will isolate the engine from all the evil computer control and it will run well. Tom's been guiding me through it all, and we're making a lot of progress. Basically i have a ton of parts that will need to be put on at once. I think i'm gonna squeeze some headers in there too, so i don't have to block up the hole for the EGR... and just run headers. Wish me luck :nonod:
Old 02-11-2002, 03:40 AM
93Polo
Team Owner

Received 368 Likes on 315 Posts
CI 3-4-5-9 Veteran

Everything will come out ok. It just takes time to do it correctly. The computer shouldn't be a problem. I hope that I point you in the direction best for you. The computer shouldn't be to much a problem. C4s are more ciomputer controll than yours and are converted to carbs without a problem regularly. Also thank you for the help on questions about my own search for a daily beater Honda. :yesnod: :cheers: Do your research and decide on the best path. You seem to be asking the right questions. :)
Old 02-11-2002, 12:01 PM
Jenny
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Ordered the distributor from Summit/thnx :*( (93Polo)

Thanks for the encouragement lamar. I'm sure it will, but u know how it is...

And as far as imports.. u know they're cool :) Speaking of which, Atlanta Chris might be getting an NSX! :eek:
Old 02-11-2002, 12:14 PM
SmokedTires
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05

Sounds like Corvette Owners Syndrome (similar to guitar players syndrome). What was once something great that kept you up at night thinking about, now seems to give you nothing but problems. Hang in there girl there is light at the end of the tunnel. Many of us here have been there many times but once everything is straightened out, LOOK OUT it's surely bliss :yesnod: !

Maybe even I'll get to that nirvana someday ;) .
Old 02-11-2002, 12:43 PM
Ganey
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

... AC was kind enough to send me a Holley non computer carb, i ordered a new manifold, and most recently this HEI vacuum advance distributor. ... I think i'm gonna squeeze some headers in there too, so i don't have to block up the hole for the EGR... and just run headers. Wish me luck :nonod:
Jen

Sounds good. Which Holley? Think Dynomax Coated headers & Moroso or other spiral wires w/ the 90* angle plug connectors for headers.

:cool:
Old 02-11-2002, 02:02 PM
American Boy
Pro

Default Re: Ordered the distributor from Summit/thnx :*( (Ganey)

Hang in there,

A carburated engine is easy to set up right and easy to f**cked up right. Once set correctly, you'll have a great reliable engine. And as far as the cool factor of Import car, some are but little are as fast as stock corvette...imaging a modified corvette. And I wouldn't like to pay 400$ for one header when I can have 2 for 200$.

Good luck!

Stephan
Old 02-11-2002, 02:45 PM
Jenny
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Ordered the distributor from Summit/thnx :*( (Ganey)

Ganey,

It's a 750 Doublepumper.. I'm going w/ dynomax headers yes. I'm gonna hold off on wires, i have a nibble at my amp, so if it's sold i'll have some more spending money :)

Get notified of new replies

To Ordered the distributor from Summit/thnx :*(

Quick Reply: Ordered the distributor from Summit/thnx :*(