C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BB throttle linkage with aftermarket intake...

Old 02-11-2002, 12:09 AM
Doug Brandon
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default BB throttle linkage with aftermarket intake...

Noticed that my linkage only opens about 80% WOT. I lengthened it as far as I can, and now it hits on the underside of my drop-base air cleaner. Is there a simple bracket that will work, or do I cut and modify my original?
Old 02-11-2002, 06:39 AM
Larry B.
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: BB throttle linkage with aftermarket intake... (Doug Brandon)

The pedal rod under the dash bends over the years. Common problem that is often overlooked. Easy to fix. I'd bet 50% of all older C-3's suffering from this. :jester
Old 02-11-2002, 08:30 PM
Doug Brandon
Instructor

Default Re: BB throttle linkage with aftermarket intake... (silvervetteman)

I checked the pedal and it seems ok. Switching from the Q-Jet to a Holley type carb moved the connection point of the cable to the throttle bracket forward about a half inch. I think that is the reason for not getting 100% WOT.

Anyone found a different bracket that will work when going to aftermarket intakes and carbs?
Old 02-11-2002, 09:28 PM
tsw71
Drifting

Default Re: BB throttle linkage with aftermarket intake... (Doug Brandon)

There are two different brakets. One for Qjet and the other for Holley's. Unfortuantely, the supply of factory GM Holley brackets is pretty much gone now. Several of us here on the forum were trying to track some down a while back, but with little luck. Several here on the forum have switched to the Lokar bracket and cable and I plan to do the same eventualy. For now, I bent my old qjet cable bracket in a way that allows proper adjustment. I had to use a strap (OK, I admit it. A coat hanger :bb) connected between the bracket and one of the coil mounting bolts. Not pretty, but it works. Check out these guys http://www.Lokar.com They make some trick stuff that will work good and the throttle cables are to be cut to length by you. Bracket P/N is SRK-4001 and cable is TC-1000HT. These are the SS ones. You can also get black if you preffer. This stuff is also sold through Summit.

Tom
Old 02-12-2002, 04:49 AM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

Default Re: BB throttle linkage with aftermarket intake... (tsw71)

I found the bracket for my Holley at a Corvette shop in San Jose but that was a few years back. Let me know if you want me to give them a call.
Old 02-12-2002, 11:33 AM
tsw71
Drifting

Default Re: BB throttle linkage with aftermarket intake... (Les)

Thanks Les, but If you're reffering to Covette Clinic, Chuck got the last one they had several months ago. Corvette Stop up in Eldorado hills(use to be on Stevens creek years ago) has a used one that they were selling for $80 :eek: The complete Lokar setup will be about $50 in the SS style.
Old 02-12-2002, 07:11 PM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

Way to go Chuck! Yep, that's where I got mine Tom....for $19.95 back in about 1997- the date on the invoice looks like it was written by a doctor!
Doug,
I sent you the info in email but it looks like it probably won't do you any good- sorry. :(
Old 02-12-2002, 08:30 PM
tsw71
Drifting

Default Re: BB throttle linkage with aftermarket intake... (Les)

I think my next step will be to talk Chuck into running a Qjet on
Way to go Chuck! Yep, that's where I got mine Tom....for $19.95 back in about 1997- the date on the invoice looks like it was written by a doctor!
Doug,
I sent you the info in email but it looks like it probably won't do you any good- sorry. :(
I think my next step will be to talk Chuck into running a Qjet on the L-88. Then we can swap brackets and everyone will be happy. :jester
Old 02-12-2002, 10:52 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Just reading current CHP. They put a Holley on a Nova that originally had a 2 bbl carb. They said:
the throttle cable was too short and the attaching bracket would not work with the Holley carburetor. To solve that problem we contacted Year One for the proper four-barrel throttle cable. To install the new throttle cable, we used one of Year One's reproduction brackets designed for a factory LS6 Chevelle Holley.
Anybody tried Year One? MJ
Old 02-13-2002, 09:52 AM
Doug Brandon
Instructor

Default Re: BB throttle linkage with aftermarket intake... (MNJack)

I contacted Year One yesterday. They faxed me a pic of one for a L78 Chevelle that looks like it will work. $42.95.

Get notified of new replies

To BB throttle linkage with aftermarket intake...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BB throttle linkage with aftermarket intake...