C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lots of Qjet numbers - What do they all mean?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2002, 10:34 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Lots of Qjet numbers - What do they all mean?

I am finally taking apart the Qjet that came with my 68 vette. It is a very interesting process! It looks like a rebuild kit was installed in the not too distant past, because a lot of the little components inside look fairly new. Here are the numbers, and questions.

7028218 EH - This carb was standard equip in 1968 Camaros,(with 696/325 hp) Chevelles, and El Caminos with automatic transmissions.

Any idea what the EH stands for?

I noticed that the carb is basically 3 parts, the airhorn? (top), the baseplate, and what do you call the middle part?

The baseplate has the number 2087 on it, which is a date code, late July, 1967. But this baseplate could have come from an entirely different carb! There are numbers stamped in a circular pattern on all 3 pieces. That baseplate has 7034923, On the back of the carb (center portion) is the number 7035530, and on the underside of the top piece (airhorn?) is the number 7032741.

The secondary flapdoodles (the top blades) have RP 32747 and 32712 on them. The lower secondary blades both have 29909 on them.

As I take the carb apart and see that it has been taken apart before, I realize the carb could have been cobbled together from all kinds of parts. Do any of these numbers mean anything? MJ
Old 02-11-2002, 06:43 AM
Larry B.
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Lots of Qjet numbers - What do they all mean? (MNJack)

EH is a broadcast code... Do a search on the NCRS board archives. There is a lot of info on Q-jet numbers and what they all mean. :cool:
Old 02-11-2002, 02:26 PM
Flareside
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Lots of Qjet numbers - What do they all mean? (MNJack)

Hey Mark, put the carb down and step away from the workbench. You're not allowed to take anything else apart until you finish the header install you started LAST WINTER! :lol: :lol: :lol:

-Joe

Get notified of new replies

To Lots of Qjet numbers - What do they all mean?

Quick Reply: Lots of Qjet numbers - What do they all mean?