C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blower motor electrical probs

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2002, 02:47 PM
2ND77
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blower motor electrical probs

Been having trouble figuring out why my blower motor only works on high in Max A/C. Well, found some (critter chewed?) wires under the hood. Fixed those. But still not change. I have power at the plugs on the heater controls, everywhere I think I am supposed to. I have power (now anyway) at the plugs on the firewall as follows: On the blower moter relay (3 prog plug) - Large red-power, Large blue - power, Purple - no power (do not know what this goes to yet) (2 wire plug) pink - Ground, double black no power (one of these goes to the fan). On the 4 prong plug going into the fan box (this is some kind of coil or heat sensor?) power on all connectors. (most of these depend on the fan switch position) Has anyone ever had a blower relay go bad? Thats what I am down to thinking it is. All connectors are clean, the fuse is good. Guess I need to get that AIM pretty soon. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for the help.

Ron
Old 02-10-2002, 04:09 PM
2ND77
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Blower motor electrical probs (2ND77)

Never mind. Got it fixed. For those with similar problems....it was 2 things. First, the contacts in the relay were scorched. I took it off the firewall, carefully took it apart, cleaned the contacts, and it now works great. Had just one more problem. The high speed would not work. Took the switch out...and VERY CAREFULLY took it apart. You MUST keep track of how the switch comes apart...or it wont work right when you put it back together. The inside of the switch was full of munge. Cleaned it all out...and now my heater controls work like new. If anyone would like more detail on this before starting your own, let me know here or email me. Be happy to help. Now...on to that pesky rear window defroster. It doesnt work either. But it will!

Ron

Quick Reply: Blower motor electrical probs