C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thanks guys...

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2002, 03:07 AM
LeoR
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks guys...

Hi guys, I really appreciate the input you guys put in from my last post “Keep 82 Collector’s Edition or sell for C5”. I think I will probably keep my 82 CE for now and see how things work out. I really wish (like some of you guys suggested) I had the money to keep my 82 and buy a new C5. I am only a high school student. My 82 CE is used as an everyday car (to school and back), but there really isn’t much I can do about that. I love the C5’s, but it is cool to have the only Collector’s Edition on the road. As far as the mechanical problems go, I will take it to go get diagnosed on Monday. I have one more dilemma though, the hood decal is really faded, (I mean really bad) , and I was wondering if you guys think if it would be a good idea to take it off. I bought a special decal remover from Corvette Central that is supposed to take off the stripe. What would you guys recommend? Would you take it off or leave it on? Actually the car would look better with the hood decal off, (in its shape), but I would hate to take it off and ruin the value and uniqueness of the car. Everyone thinks my car needs a new paint job because of the decal, but the paint is almost perfect. I will definitely get another hood strip when I graduate though. If I do decide to take off the hood stripe, I will leave the side decals, and pin striping on. Anyways, thanks to all who responded to my previous post, all of your opinions helped me into reaching my decision. Thanks

Previous message: “Keep 82 Collector’s Edition or sell for C5?”

Hi, lately my 82 CE has been giving me alot of trouble. I was considering on selling my CE and getting myself a cheap C5. What do you guys think? Would it be a mistake? Would I be better off fixing and keeping my CE or getting myself a C5? In the long run what would be a better car to keep? My CE is running horribly, it has a miss right at 1100 RPM, it is horrible out of the hole, it is slow, and it dies from time to time. The other night I got beat by a stock P.O.S. Toyota Corolla. I mean I know the 82's weren't the fastest but come on, it should at least kill a stock 120 hp car. My mom bought the CE brand new back in 82 and passed it down to me. The car was in the garage for over 10 years, but I pulled it out about a year ago and started restoring it. The car has been running for about 3 months now. The car currently has 69,000 miles. I like the car aside from the reliability/performance issue. I would like to hear your opinions. Thanks alot!
Old 02-10-2002, 03:21 AM
82dukman
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Thanks guys... (LeoR)

Hey Leo. I have a CE also that was repainted. I currently don't have any stripoes on it, but I found a place that makes repo's relatively cheap. The whole car costs $319. You can also buy individual stripes or fade decals, like on your hood. There is a NOS GM one on Ebay now for $600, so that's why I'm giving you this link. http://www.phoenixgraphix.com/gm/1982cvt.htm

Quick Reply: Thanks guys...