C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I never realized how many parts are in 70 vette that wear out,but my Visa knows

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2002, 11:40 PM
spokewrench
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 12 Posts

Default I never realized how many parts are in 70 vette that wear out,but my Visa knows

I sometimes think my girlfriend is right when I say" it's just one more part and we will be through with the mechanical part and we can have it painted"
and then I notice a vibration, there goes another $1000.00 in parts and god only knows what it would cost if I did'nt have the mechanical abilities! Well she says " oh yea it's done, " then she comments, " Don't you
realize it will never be done, can't we do something different this weekend than work on the last thing that has to be fixed on the vette for the last year"
God bless her patience, I think I am starting to realize how many moving parts
that are on a car that can wear out in 32 years! I feel it as a challenge to make this car handle and ride as nicely as a new one, but man I think I'm starting to get burned out! Maybe I need to put the car cover on and revisit in the spring! Oh well I know all of you have experienced the same, but you have to
ask yourself, if you had to do it all again, "busted knuckles, pissed off girlfriends or wives, increased credit card bills" how did I spend that much last month" Would you do it again? I know that every part in our car is new, but what a price! If I added up what I charge an hour and the parts, we could have bought a c-5 with Noooo problem! but then I learned alot about vettes!
Oh well, just me complaining about my never ending vibration problem, I guess tomorrow I'll have another solution that will cost a small fortune, but you Know what, I get some pretty cool looks with that old c-3 with that huge L-88 hood and the new motor going rumpity rump, Oh well maybe I can just replace the transmission honey and then we can take it to the bodyshop!
SPOKE-
Old 02-09-2002, 11:51 PM
Eddie 70
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Ci 6, 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Default Re: I never realized how many parts are in 70 vette that wear out,but my Visa knows (spokewrench)

I am right there with you. My 70 is keeping me in the garage more and more. I just want to make this a little better. Then just after that gets better I notice something else that could use a little attention.

Aren`t these cars GREAT!!
Old 02-09-2002, 11:54 PM
Warp70
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I never realized how many parts are in 70 vette that wear out,but my Visa knows (spokewrench)

Ya! What he said :) ................Corvette parts wear out after 32 years...........are you kidding???? I have never had to replace one part in my Vette.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: At least not one part at a time :lol: :lol:
Old 02-10-2002, 12:03 AM
8T1-7T9 BIONIC VETTE
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had three fishing boats.....Stopped doing that.......since Mr. Visa and Mrs. Master were addicted reels/rods etc.....and couldn't stop spending regardless of how much they bought....Dumped the boats and got two Vettes....and it's the same taste different smell.....However, it seems the Vettes attract more attention than the boats, and I don't smell like fish everywhere I go. :lol:
Old 02-10-2002, 12:23 AM
spokewrench
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: I never realized how many parts are in 70 vette that wear out!

you got that right , I guess a hobby is a hobby! wow Hawaii. that must be cool or mayby hot! today in N.J. IT WAS ALMOST 70 F. Man we got the best cars and country in the world! "Osamo Bin Laden, I'm looking for you.!
I lived in Florida during college " GOOOOO GATORS" man we had some good fishin" when we went down to the keys!
Old 02-10-2002, 11:26 AM
RMVette
Race Director

Received 107 Likes on 88 Posts

Oh how I can relate! I think after a year of restoration on mine I don't want to look at what I've spent on mine, but I did add it up! I think Zip Products should send me a Christmas card ever year!! (By the way... great guys at Zip, they've been a lot of help.) Not to mention, my girlfriend said, "you better not buy any more for that car until you buy me a ring".... ring on hand now.. had to keep up the restoration on the car! All in all, and adding up what I've spent on mine including the cost of the car, engine rebuild, suspension work, paint and interior work, I have about 22K in it. Hey.. I'm about through! It's been definately worth it and lots of fun. I'll be posting the pics of the car when I get the engine back in, which hopefully is this week!!

Robert
'70 350/350 4-speed coupe
'98 6-speed coupe
Old 02-10-2002, 11:39 AM
Carl in LA
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm in the latter stages of a resto at this point and I have about $17.5k sittin in the garage... I love the car the way it is now. Drives great and really is a lot fun. I presume that my rate of spending can taper off and now I can do the fun stuff on my terms... next up is a reworking of the console with a new radio, after that, the oh-so-desireable total suspension kit from Vette Brakes. I think the journey is just as satisfying as the destination in dealing with C3 Covettes... just as satisfying to work on as drive... Keep wrenching on it and feel the satisfaction that comes from restoring such a beautiful car as your vette!

Get notified of new replies

To I never realized how many parts are in 70 vette that wear out,but my Visa knows

Quick Reply: I never realized how many parts are in 70 vette that wear out,but my Visa knows