C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need EFE Actuator

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2002, 03:00 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

Default Need EFE Actuator

If you have one of these available I would appreciate hearing from you. Thanks!

Old 02-07-2002, 07:36 PM
Paul Borowski
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 274 Likes on 160 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Default Re: Need EFE Actuator (paul79)

Paul, if no one here has one, Contemporary Corvette in Bristol, Pa or Michigan Corvette Recyclers would probably have a bunch of these. :yesnod:
Old 02-07-2002, 10:09 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Default Re: Need EFE Actuator (Paul Borowski)

Thanks Paul. I thought these units would be everywhere. It's a Chev (not just Corvette) emission part. But the local suppliers say go to the dealer. And that means $$s. I hoped to get one on the cheap....May go to Gary G. It is strange at times. It costs more sometimes to maintain a stock emissions system than to rip it off. And in this neck of North America we do not have inspections. Just wish to remain stock for those who might ask why bother.
Old 02-07-2002, 10:36 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

ttt. I can't believe that you members who turf your emission systems do not have one of these in the corner of the garage ;) .
Old 02-07-2002, 10:42 PM
Paul Borowski
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 274 Likes on 160 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Yeah, Paul, Iknow what you mean. Here I am trying to keep my '80 as stock and "original" as possible because it was this way when I bought it 5 yrs ago. Had to buy and did find a "mint used" catalytic converter for the '80 for $40 this year at Bloomington(those EFE pieces, I saw everywhere out there). My '80, with 96,000mi the original converter was simply rusting away. Two years ago found both left and right NOS GM 1980 mufflers which I got for $80!! Those, along with that "mint converter", and an Allen's Stainless "Y" pipe went on back in September. On the other hand, my '75 having the "original" engine, has NO EFE, no catalytic converter, no heat riser, no fuel tank bladder & no AIR pump. It had a rotted out header system on it, so I put '74 true stainless dual exhaust on it. Thank God for Ohio Collector Plates and it being over 25yrs old it's "exempt" from Ohio Emission Testing. I could just imagine the $$$ to put it back to stock original!!! :eek:
Old 02-07-2002, 11:43 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Paul,
Thanks for the reply. I composed a lengthy note in response but the Forum is so unstable these days that the reply a few minutes ago did not get through. So it is lost and I am finished here for the evening. Back to the fireplace and a nice glass of Chardonnay.

Get notified of new replies

To Need EFE Actuator

Quick Reply: Need EFE Actuator