C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How I broke my window--??

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2002, 02:32 PM
slim
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How I broke my window--??

The other night I'm driving down the highway going 40-50 mph - I hear what sounds like my door isn't shut good. I opened my door & slammed it shut. When I did I heard what sounded like the window hit something metal & broke in a thousand pieces. Since I'm replacing the window, I decided to replace all the rollers, slides, etc. After taking everything apart the rollers had a lot of "play" in them & I remember the window did have some in & out "play" in it. This is what I "think" happened. When I opened my door, the wind caught the window & forced it out of its regular position. When I slammed it - it caused it to hit the metal clip in the weather stripping & break the window. Soooo if any of you happen to be in the same situation....you might want to pull over to the side of the road, or maybe lower your window before you close it... Just a tip I thought I'd pass on. I had planned on replacing all the stuff inside the door sometime anyway, this just means I'll do it sooner -- & more costly....Oh well, live and learn.
Old 02-07-2002, 03:32 PM
Edzred72
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: How I broke my window--?? (slim)

Tough luck ole chap. :mad I'd hate for this to happen to anyone in cold temps! :cheers:

Quick Reply: How I broke my window--??