C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Three Questions, Please Help

Old 02-06-2002, 06:40 PM
bence13_33
Safety Car

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Default Three Questions, Please Help

I just received my order from Jeg's today! I have a couple questions:

A) I ordered 10 Degree Titanium Retainers ($133). Do I really need these, or can I use the retainers off of my heads? By the way, I forgot to order the 10 degree valve locks so I won't be able to completely assemble the heads just yet.

B) I received the ARP Wave-Loc rod bolts with the order too. I am tempted to use them but what needs to be done in order to change to these rod bolts? I currently have CAT 4340 H-Beam Rods w/ 7/16" rod bolts.

C) I received my Comp Cams matching double valve springs for the 294S cam. Will I be able to use umbrella valve seals with these springs or will I have to have my heads machined to accept teflon valve seals?

I got the Magnum 294S solid lifter cam and lifters with the order too :yesnod: . All I need to do is figure out what I'm doing with my rod bolts and I can then assemble my complete rotating assembly in the block. I received the ARP Main Studs with the order, they are the studs that allow the use of a windage trey (which I will be using). I am SOOO close....but yet sooo far away :).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Three Questions, Please Help