C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hooker sidepipes on ebay!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2002, 11:03 PM
TJRed76
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hooker sidepipes on ebay!

A great set of Hooker headers and sidepipes on ebay.
I couldn't get the url to copy.
If you are interested, search corvette headers in ebay.
Last I checked, high bid was $590.
Wish I had some cash, they look beautiful. Poor guy wrecked his 76. So he claims.
Old 02-06-2002, 12:00 AM
VTHokie77Vette
Racer

Default Re: Hooker sidepipes on ebay! (TJRed76)

They are beautiful. I wish I had the money for them, but I do have them on my list to get.
Old 02-06-2002, 12:10 AM
dennisr
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Hooker sidepipes on ebay! (VTHokie77Vette)

I agree they are nice thats why I bought them for my 71. The bad new is the chrome will trun yellow with time. Mine are on their way to Jet Hot coating right now. It would have been a lot cheaper to buy coated ones the first time. I would pass on chome ones unless it's strictly a show car.

Good Luck,
Old 02-06-2002, 11:04 AM
SnoDrgn
Team Owner

Location: Swords Check/Saws Check/Clubs Check/Claws Check/Hatred Check/Anger Check/Murmaid Check/Murder Check
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran

Check the seller's feedback. The pictures look too professional (like from an advertisement or catalog). Who knows what they'll look like for real, could be a bumpy transaction.

[Modified by SNODRGN, 9:08 AM 2/6/2002]
Old 02-06-2002, 11:18 AM
Vettesic
Drifting

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Re: Hooker sidepipes on ebay! (SNODRGN)

Check the seller's feedback. The pictures look too professional (like from an advertisement or catalog).
Yes, definatly...I thought I saw that pic somewhere. When I was considering these, I saw them in one of the catalogs. Not sure which one. Does anyone know what the price was to buy outright. That option disappears as soon as the first bid is placed. Just curious. The best price I got on headers was $1200.00 It's still an interesting auction though!
Old 02-06-2002, 12:45 PM
Steve Straus
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Hooker sidepipes on ebay! (dennisr)

I agree they are nice thats why I bought them for my 71. The bad new is the chrome will trun yellow with time. Mine are on their way to Jet Hot coating right now. It would have been a lot cheaper to buy coated ones the first time. I would pass on chome ones unless it's strictly a show car.

Good Luck,
May be cheaper to go Jet-Hot brand new, but If I find a good deal on some pipes and get them coated locally, that would be the way to go. Jet-Hot isn't magic fairy dust, it's just a high temp powder coating.
Old 02-06-2002, 04:26 PM
69classchass
Advanced

I Bought a set of Hookers from Summit last year...The pic that guy is using is one that comes from the Hookers (Holley) site for their ad.
He says his car was totaled, I wonder what the set of pipes he's selling lookes like :eek:
My 2 centavos is, Id feel like a fool bidding for those pipes without being really sure what they actually look like. Its possible, those bidding have been in contact with that seller behind the scenes and have accurate pics and info .
Tom

Old 02-06-2002, 09:29 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Default Re: Hooker sidepipes on ebay! (69classchass)

I saw that auction listing as well, not sure what it is but got a feeling that all was not totally on the up and up with those, also as previously stated chrome tends to discolour quickly. 69 have you got any other pics especially side view of your car with the sidepipes. It looks great. :yesnod:
Old 02-06-2002, 09:52 PM
bence13_33
Safety Car

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

eBay is a cool place if you shop accordingly. I purchased a set of black big block Chevy Corvette Hooker header side pipes off of there. The price was $550....shipped to my door. The pipes came complete and even had the reverse flow mufflers (not that I'll be using them). The pipes were a little bumped and scraped but I sanded them down with some 400 grit sand paper and repainted them and they now look brand new.
Old 02-07-2002, 07:09 PM
jpread
Heel & Toe

I was had checkbook in hand until I found out they were for a SB.

Get notified of new replies

To Hooker sidepipes on ebay!

Quick Reply: Hooker sidepipes on ebay!