C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrock IAS Shocks...Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2002, 01:15 AM
DR'76
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Edelbrock IAS Shocks...Installed!

This past weekend replaced my "Piece o' Crap" KYB and KYB-2(rear w/ fiberglass spring) shocks w/ the much-hyped Edelbrock IAS Shocks, and must say that am very pleased w/ their anti-roll / anti-dive characteristics, but they could use a little more valving (is that a word?) for some additional "softness" on the bumps! Could still feel it in the gut when on bumpy road or crossing the train tracks, but then I guess I'll need to buy a Lexus to avoid that!

Summit now has them in stock: EDL-33028 and EDL-34028 @ $82.39/ea.

* In case anyone was going to Order those "special" KYB's from VetteBrakes...SAVE YOUR MONEY. Mine were about two years old and had lost 100% of their rebound/recoil - after removing them, I compressed them (which took no effort) and they did not rebound back to their extended state (actually one front one did, but took over a minute to do so!)

I Can't compare to KONI's or Bilstiens (since I've never had them), but would give these a "thumbs up"

:cheers:
Old 02-05-2002, 01:32 AM
73 LS-4
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Edelbrock IAS Shocks...Installed! (DR'76)

Glad to hear you like them, I put a set of these on my step fathers 86 Z-51, and loved them, they are firm (not extreme by any means) but I bought a sports car not a luxury car so I don't mind that. They are on my short list of upgrades for the 73 actually number 3 on the list behind aluminum L-36 intake installed, ignition box with rev limiter, and then the IAS shocks.

:cheers:
Pat Kunz
Old 02-05-2002, 02:11 AM
8T1-7T9 BIONIC VETTE
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Edelbrock IAS Shocks...Installed! (73 LS-4)

I had these Edelbrock IAS shocks on back order from Summit and got tired of waiting.....ordered the Sport Bilsteins from VetteBrakes. Installed....and I'm grinning :D Nice firm ride with full control in hard turns at high speeds......KYB's are history.... :seeya Cappy

Get notified of new replies

To Edelbrock IAS Shocks...Installed!

Quick Reply: Edelbrock IAS Shocks...Installed!