C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sidepipe length?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2002, 04:56 PM
JB
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Contributor
Default Sidepipe length?

Been lookin' at sidepipes. It looks to me like I need pipes that run about 65" from front to back, but I don't see anything made at that length. Jegs, for instance, has the Dynomax sidepipes at 51" and 71" for the pipe from where it turns out from under the car and STS has the pipes on their webpage just at 45" for attaching to sidepipe headers. What are you guys running?

JB

'78SA
Old 02-03-2002, 05:22 PM
1979toy
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Sidepipe length? (JB)

The hooker headers come back a ways from where they come out from under the car. My Hooker sidepipes measure 42 inches. The stock style sidepipes should be about 61 inches long.
Check out this site for stock style sidepipes. http://www.sweet-thunder.com/default.htm

[Modified by 1979toy, 3:24 PM 2/3/2002]
Old 02-03-2002, 09:10 PM
JCL
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Sidepipe length? (JB)

JB. Just went out to the shop and measured my Hookers. From the tip to where the furthest primary tube is measures 66". The collector is 10" by itself. My stock Hooker sidepipe is 45" from tip to flared end.(the part that slips in the collector) If I lay a 90 degree bent steel tube elbow right at that very front where the Hooker primarys start, the total length will be 66", but the pipe will be smooth the whole way (except where the sidepipe slips into the elbow). You eliminate the collector, on the Hookers, giving it really a longer,smoother, look. And I believe it still can be a 4" sidepipe without to much work. I just did a sidepipe set up for a Stahl headers, and they were 45" long. So thet are both very close on measurments. (Stahls collectors are under the car though......) JB hope this helps. JCL :cool: :cool: :chevy " Sidepipes are the way". You can see on the picture the 66" length!!

[Modified by JCL, 7:12 PM 2/3/2002]

Get notified of new replies

To Sidepipe length?

Quick Reply: Sidepipe length?