C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

(Slightly) Custom Lated C3s

Old 02-03-2002, 02:32 AM
ReydeSol774bbl
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default (Slightly) Custom Lated C3s

I have recently been tossing around ideas for how I want to build my car once I come across more money. I recently saw an article in some magazine about the Trans-Am cars of latter day, and something about that look really set me off. Right now my exhaust is the lowest thing under my car, so I figured if I switched to side pipes I would be able to lower the car a bit. I also would like to remove the rear antenna and place it elsewhere, because I have always felt as if it detracts from the lines of the car. The front end of my '77 seems to come too far forward, I'm not sure if it actually exists but a shorter nose piece would be nice as well and a large spoiler underneath. Basically I have been shooting ideas around in my head, but would like to see how it looks before I started to invest into it, which bring me to my first question: Does anyone have any type of blueprints or plans of a rubber bumper C3's exterior (preferably before '78)? And also, does anyone have any pictures of C3s road racing, excluding Cam-Am and others with real heavy body modification? Thanks a bunch, have a good one.
Old 02-03-2002, 09:46 AM
78Vette-SA
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: (Slightly) Custom Lated C3s (ReydeSol774bbl)

You may want to pick up an AIM (Assembly Instruction Manual) for any year Vette. There are diagrams of each section of the car. You could scan some in and modify them in a software drawing package.

There's been lots of pics here of custom vettes. I'd do some searches and check back through the archives.

Try searching through here also.
http://www.vettetop100.com/

Old 02-03-2002, 11:39 AM
fauxrs
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well so far as shorter noses go I think I can answer that question. I looked for different noses for my 78 when I started working on it - I wanted a nose with the center grill opening and no bumperettes (like the earlier cars) but alas short of actually trying to glass on a '69' nose the aftermarket options are for LONGER noses only (i.e. 80+ aerodaynmics) these are nice enough but I didnt want one of those so I left my front bumper the way it came from the factory.
Old 02-03-2002, 12:18 PM
FINWOLF
Melting Slicks

Received 167 Likes on 106 Posts

Customs are cool and you got some nice ideas if you ever get it done I would like to see it.

[Modified by Stephen DeFazio, 5:53 PM 2/4/2002]
Old 02-04-2002, 12:25 AM
ReydeSol774bbl
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (Slightly) Custom Lated C3s

Thanks for the replies.

You may want to pick up an AIM (Assembly Instruction Manual) for any year Vette. There are diagrams of each section of the car. You could scan some in and modify them in a software drawing package.

There's been lots of pics here of custom vettes. I'd do some searches and check back through the archives.

Try searching through here also.
http://www.vettetop100.com/
Where can I pick up an AIM for my car? Thanks again :)
Old 02-04-2002, 01:10 AM
Brutus
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Your ideas are very similar to some of the thoughts that have rambled through my slightly addled brain for quite some time now too. Especially the one about ditching the radio antenna. I'll be doing that when I lose the rack.
Plus I've always wonder whether anyone had ever retro fitted a bumper nose onto a later C3. Let us know how your seach for a role model goes too.

Get notified of new replies

To (Slightly) Custom Lated C3s

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: (Slightly) Custom Lated C3s