C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UPDATE: converting to power locks...

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2002, 07:23 PM
Metal Wulf
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default UPDATE: converting to power locks...

Well I tried two different kits and neither one would work... The actuators aren't powerful enough to move the lock rods. Maybe i'll try something different when it warmes up again.
Old 02-02-2002, 08:37 PM
zwede
Race Director

Received 336 Likes on 257 Posts

Default Re: UPDATE: converting to power locks... (Metal_Wulf)

I did this on my 71 last year. Use the omega gun-style actuators from http://www.partsexpress.com

They were plenty strong on mine. I tested them with my power supply and they would work all the way down to 7V.
Old 02-02-2002, 08:51 PM
FIBERGLASMD
Pro

Default Re: UPDATE: converting to power locks... (Metal_Wulf)

I put power locks on my 72. To get them to work right I trimmed off some of the rubber on the actuater rods that keep the rods from rattling. My door panels went against these. The rods took some effort to move them with the cushions in place. I put on the power locks when I put in the car alarm so I'd have keyless entry.
Old 02-02-2002, 08:54 PM
Metal Wulf
Race Director

Default Re: UPDATE: converting to power locks... (zwede)

Thanks. I'll give them a try.

Got any pics of the install or info you can give me, maybe I just located the actuators in the wrong spot...

:cheers:
Old 02-02-2002, 09:02 PM
Metal Wulf
Race Director

Default Re: UPDATE: converting to power locks... (FIBERGLASMD)

I want to do the same thing, i got the keyless entry kit and door lock kit. Had everything installed and with the door panels off I tested it, and i'd turn the key, the control box would buzz but nothing would happen on the passenger side... went over to the passenger side did the same thing, the control box would buzz but the driver's side wouldn't unlock. I took the actuators out to make sure they worked and they did, but they didn't have enough power to move the lock rod. I'd like to be able to lock the doors from the inside so i'm a little hesatint in installing like the factory power locks were. But if I have to I will.

My foam silencers don't hit the door under normal movement, at least not that i could tell.

Get notified of new replies

To UPDATE: converting to power locks...

Quick Reply: UPDATE: converting to power locks...