C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I almost forgot how much fun it is

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2002, 01:57 PM
hiyosilver
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I almost forgot how much fun it is

After waiting 25 years to buy my first vette and owning it now for 4 years sometimes the thought of selling enters my mind.You know the deal insurance maint storage upkeep it never ends.But yesterday after cruising with the tops off and 78 degrees i remembered all the hard work i put in this puppy.New clutch new paint new chambered side ex new repro 69 covers new int new flex nose new alum hipo water pumpPlus all the fun at cruise nights car shows etc.Erase the for sale sign out of my mind .After being on the forum for a year i hope someday soon to post pictures. :seeya
Old 02-02-2002, 01:59 PM
Warp70
Racer

Default Re: I almost forgot how much fun it is (hiyosilver)

Well I cant say I ever think about selling mine, but as for the fun that goes along with ownership.............I couldn't agree more. :cheers:
Old 02-02-2002, 04:48 PM
Eddie 70
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Ci 6, 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Default Re: I almost forgot how much fun it is (Warp70)

I sure do miss my 79. That one was nice. All the bells and whistles. It has since been replaced but................ :sad:
Old 02-02-2002, 05:36 PM
Golden80
Race Director

Default Re: I almost forgot how much fun it is (Eddie 96)

I get that feeling about the Mustang sometimes. But I've never had it on the Vette. I'm going to keep it for as long as either my wallet, or my lifespan, will allow.

I'll just get frustrated when somethings wrong but it always passes as soon as I have it fixed and take it for a spin. :D

[Modified by Golden80, 2:37 PM 2/2/2002]
Old 02-02-2002, 06:21 PM
Ron 75 L48
Melting Slicks

Default Re: I almost forgot how much fun it is (hiyosilver)

Hiyosilver, check out the southeast section. A bunch of us try to get together at least once a month. We may go for a cruise through the backroads or just get together at Hooters :D to shoot the bull and have some fun. Our next one is the 16th at the Hooters in Norfolk on Military Highway. Hope you can get out to join us.
Old 02-03-2002, 12:49 AM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Default Re: I almost forgot how much fun it is (Ron 75 L48)

Hey Ron, you all should export some of those Hooter's girls up here, the Toronto area guys have gone to 2 different ones now and we haven't been served by any angels like them yet. Dwayne will definately be down to see you all for sure now. :cheers:
Old 02-03-2002, 11:23 AM
Ron 75 L48
Melting Slicks

Default Re: I almost forgot how much fun it is (gdh)

Hey Ron, you all should export some of those Hooter's girls up here, the Toronto area guys have gone to 2 different ones now and we haven't been served by any angels like them yet. Dwayne will definately be down to see you all for sure now. :cheers:
Greg, if we exported these gals up there then that would mean we would have to go where it gets real, real, real cold and I don't think I could get all of these rat packers to go clear up there! :D You all are more than welcome to come down here though. The next Hooters stop that we are going to be making on the 16th has some really fine hooters... I mean wings! :D :D :D Come on down!

Get notified of new replies

To I almost forgot how much fun it is

Quick Reply: I almost forgot how much fun it is