C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In case you don't check the C3 for sale... here's a great opportunity!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2002, 11:36 AM
74Vetteski
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In case you don't check the C3 for sale... here's a great opportunity!

I am being relocated to Bermuda as of March 02. Importing the vette to Bermuda is very $$$ not to mention that V8's are illegal and there are no highways to speak of. Consequently I will be letting go of my 74 Coup. I am very motivated to sell and also very sad.
The Vette:
-74 Coup
-4 sp
-ZZ4 (~10K miles) at the same time I replaced with NEW
-Hoses and belts.
-GM High torque mini-starter
-MSD distributor
-MSD 6AL Box
-750 Holley vacuum secondaries
-Blaster II Coil
-K&N air filter
-K&N lid filter
-Centerforce II Clutch and disk
-Rebuilt radiator (ZZ4 never overheats even when city driving in 100 degree wheather)
-SS brake calipers (Zip products break kit)
-Semi metallic pads DO NOT SQUEAK
-SS brake lines
-SS front and back hard lines
-Master cylinder
-Power valve
-Alternator
-Battery
-Flowmaster 40 series (gerat sound)
-Hedman headers 1 5/8"

More Recently (500-1500 miles):
-Complete New front and rear suspesnion (big block front coils and rear leaf)
-New shocks
-All new bushings
-Rear trailling arms complete rebuild
-Transmission Super T10 complete rebuild
-All new U joints
-All New Power Steering components except for pump that is good
-3.08 Rear differential complete rebuild
-4 wheel alignment
-replaced door wheather strip

Overall:
-Frame in excellent condition
-all gauges work except clock
-original radio works
-interior in overall good condition (front carpets do need replacement)
-paint is a ten footer
-No rust ANYWHERE

I'm sure I've forgotten stuff!The vette runs very strong, starts every time (very reliable). Very stable at high speeds and stops on a dime, the break pedal is high and firm. Acceleration is great (ZZ4) and since the suspension rebuild it is a real sports car and a joy to ride. If you're interested in a reliable daily driver or weekend sports car this is it. I hate to let her go (You can imagine what I have invested) but I have no choice... Storage is out of the question.

Price: All offers welcome... I will let it go to the best offer I get!

Phone
408-615-1596 (home)
408-615-4202 (work)

email 74shark@msn.com

Old 02-02-2002, 02:31 PM
74Vetteski
Advanced

Default Re: In case you don't check the C3 for sale... here's a great opportunity! (74Vetteski)

Not even a question? You guys are a tough crowd! I did forget to mention it is black with tan interior.
Peter

Old 02-02-2002, 02:36 PM
Warp70
Racer

Default Re: In case you don't check the C3 for sale... here's a great opportunity! (74Vetteski)

Sounds like a nice car. I am sure someone will be interested in taking it off your hands. Good Luck!!! :cheers:
Old 02-02-2002, 06:56 PM
63Banshee
Melting Slicks

Location: WANTED: '68 rear valance with b/u light assemblies IM, e-mail, or PM me here. Thanks!

A friend of mine and I may be interested. Any pictures? Thanks!
Old 02-02-2002, 07:39 PM
Captain Morgan
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Default Re: In case you don't check the C3 for sale... here's a great opportunity! (63Banshee)

How long will you be in Bermuda? Nobody around that you could sell it to and then buy it back from later? Sounds like a sweet vette and probably a good price considering your circumstances, wish I were in the market for a second one but the timing just isn't right. I'm sure somebody on this forum will want it.
Old 02-02-2002, 07:44 PM
67HEAVEN
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

74Vetteski,

Can't help you out with the sale, but I can tell everyone how beautiful Bermuda is. Spent some time there two years ago.

No way you'd enjoy a Corvette there anyway, though. You'd never get it into high gear. Twisty, windy roads lined with stone walls on both sides....but it is beautiful, AND expensive!

Good luck with the sale!
TTT

Old 02-02-2002, 07:56 PM
Chris@VetteFinders
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: In case you don't check the C3 for sale... here's a great opportunity! (67HEAVEN)

If you haven't already, you may want to list it on our site. A lot more eyes see it there than in the for sale forum here. Sorry you have to sell.
Old 02-02-2002, 08:25 PM
74Vetteski
Advanced

Thanks for all the support... If you email me I can send pics to you. I agree that Bermuda is not a place for vettes. I'll miss the twisty curvies on the Ca highways. On the other hand, the chance to experience Bermuda is inviting. Sell the vette and buy a boat... Both are money pits!
Peter
Old 02-02-2002, 08:50 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

The reason you will get limited responses right here is that most of us have vettes already so are not in the market for another shark.... so we dont want to tease you by asking questions out of curiousity when we arent serious potential buyers. However, having said that, what color is it? and the interior also?? Without real pics I am trying to develop a mental picture of your car. I know what a 74 4spd ZZ4 coupe looks like... just need the color! :) MJ
Old 02-02-2002, 10:23 PM
Shark Racer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

Man... sorry to hear that you're car's going bye-bye. And I didn't even get to take a ride in it! Ah well...
If you want me to hold onto it for you, I'd be more than willing. :D I'll ask around and see if I can find a buyer.
-Steve

[Modified by Pacin'California, 6:24 PM 2/2/2002]
Old 02-03-2002, 12:13 AM
74Vetteski
Advanced

Default Re: In case you don't check the C3 for sale... here's a great opportunity! (Pacin'California)

Pacin' Ca.
Thanks for the offer... really! Let's get together before I get going. If i can't sell it... I will store it at my Dad's place in Montreal. I'm wiling to let it go... maybe 10K-12K for a vette that has 21K invested. Would like to get a person who see's the value and TLC put into her. Folks are tough though... want something for nothing... I figure, if I was looking to get into a vette, 10-12K is a killer deal. Hell the engine and accessories were roughly 6K. I guess times are hard for evryone and cash is in short supply. I'll tryt to email you pics, maybe you know how to post...
Later Dude.
Give me a call and let's cruize to Santa Cruize tomorrow, have a beer on the warf... on me.
Peter
Old 02-03-2002, 05:32 AM
Shark Racer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

As much as I'd like to, man, I already promised my grandma I'd go see The Count of Monte Cristo with her today. I'd much rather be in Santa Cruz. :) (Though I'll pass on the beer...) When are you heading out to Bermuda? I'll definitely cruise by sometime soon... preferably on a Saturday or Wednesday/Friday afternoon, perhaps evening. You could see my paint-checked Corvette. By the time you come back, it could well be at 400 ponies! I'm excited. :)
I'll see what I can do about finding a buyer, I've got a friend whose father is into collecting sports cars, and another friend who's looking for a special car for himself. Hopefully, one of them may be interested in it... but if I were you, I'd definitely reccommend keeping it with someone who'd be willing to hold on to it for you, drive it around a little bit, and keep it maintained, then give it back to you. Really, I think the best would be to leave it with your dad, or with a friend you trust. Just make sure it gets driven!
-Steve
Old 02-03-2002, 11:01 AM
74Vetteski
Advanced

Default Re: In case you don't check the C3 for sale... here's a great opportunity! (Pacin'California)

Pacin'
Thanks dude. Have a good time. Talk to you soon.
Peter
Old 02-03-2002, 04:48 PM
SevenT1Shark
Instructor

I would try to store it somewere. :cool: c :cheers: :seeya ........

Get notified of new replies

To In case you don't check the C3 for sale... here's a great opportunity!

Quick Reply: In case you don't check the C3 for sale... here's a great opportunity!