C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone in Houston that knows a good shop

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2002, 05:37 AM
tshort
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 7-8 Veteran

Default Anyone in Houston that knows a good shop

Fairly new here to Houston and I need some work done to my 69 SB. Would like to get my driveshaft balanced.
Also would like to know if anyone knows a or any good trusted mechanics that work on old vettes.
Thanks in advance.
Old 02-02-2002, 04:33 PM
no_radio
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Anyone in Houston that knows a good shop (tshort)

Two suggestions...first, for driveshaft work I recommend Northwest Drivetrain Service. I used them to replace all 6 U-joints and balance the driveshaft on the Corvette, and have also used them on my Jeep Cherokee and Suburban. Good prices, quality parts. I usually removed my own parts and carried them in, don't know what they'd charge if you wanted them to remove and reinstall the shafts for you. Their number is 713-937-8499, located on FM 529 between hiway 290 and Eldridge.
For general mechanical repair talk to Winn Ferguson at Houston Corvette Service. They're off Clay Road near Gessner, also on the west side of town. These guys are really good with the old cars, I like to go over there and visit with Winn every now and then just to see what cool stuff they're working on. Number's 713-896-0119. Tell him Jeff Gunn said HI!
Also, check out the Houston C3 club online, http://www.houstonc3.homeip.net:81/forum/
Mostly a bunch of Corvette Forum guys from Houston with C3s. We try to get together at least once a month for a cruise in, and help each other out with Tech days, etc.
C-ya
Jeff
Old 02-02-2002, 06:06 PM
Phlash
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Anyone in Houston that knows a good shop (no_radio)

What ever you do, don't take it to Corvette Techniques in Houston. I could tell some horror stories on the things they did to my vette's previous owner.

Phlash 72 BB Roadster :seeya

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone in Houston that knows a good shop

Quick Reply: Anyone in Houston that knows a good shop