C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rad. support here wednesday!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2002, 08:21 PM
daniel77350
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rad. support here wednesday!

Well I have most of the engine compartment back together and shined up all purdy. I actually made a TON of progress today, in that I painted, and reassembled the entire nose of the car today(after school too). Tomarrow I hope to paint the block and the fire wall from the wheel wells back(I have the front part done). Then I'll get everything back together minus radiator and radiator support. The rad support will be here wednesday, then I'll paint that and drop it in(its used, but rust free), then the rad, then button it all up, top off my fluids, make sure it all works w/no leaks, if so, put the hood back on, take it to the driveway, do a shakedown run, and bam, I'll be finished, just in time to take it to school a couple days before it goes to the body shop, then sold.

The bad part is, its supposed to snow wednesday(it was 80 degrees today)

So there is no telling if I'll be able to do all that I want to wednesday. The plan was to be done by friday. If it snows the completion date will turn into the fallowing monday.

Daniel

Daniel
Old 02-01-2002, 08:26 PM
Warp70
Racer

Default Re: Rad. support here wednesday! (daniel77350)

Sounds like your making good progress, too bad it's like getting a haircut before standing in front of the firing squad :D I wish you didn't have to sell, but it's a cruel world we live in and it's times like these that are crueller than most :(
Old 02-01-2002, 09:05 PM
Paul Borowski
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 274 Likes on 160 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12

" and shined up all purdy. I actually made a TON of progress today, in that I painted, and reassembled the entire nose of the car today(after school too). Tomarrow I hope to paint the block and the fire wall from the wheel wells back(I have the front part done). Then I'll get everything back together minus radiator and radiator support.
I did this to my '80 two years ago because my core support was rusted through and the radiator was "sinking" down about a 1/2" from the top bumpers.
http://www.corvetteforum.net/c3/anth...oresupport.jpg
Old 02-01-2002, 10:05 PM
daniel77350
Drifting

Default Re: Rad. support here wednesday! (Paul Borowski)

I cannot see the picture you posted...

Anyway, mine too was rusted that bad. I started the replacement before I learned I had to sell, so I figured I'd better finish it, and do it right, so when sell time came, I got more for the car. I got the rad support for $140 shipped to me. I got it from ebay, but contacted the seller and got him to end the auction and sell it to me privatly(a great guy). I didn't want to get an e bay account just to buy 1 part. he understood, I got the support for the "buy it now" price, which is probably about $15 more then I would have spent had I bid on it. But I needed the peice last month, and I didn't want to wait for the auction to end.

Hopefully when I get it, it will be in the shape he said it was, so all I'll need to do is shoot it with a new coat of paint, and drop it in.

Tomarrow while the engine block is drying, Im going to attempt to patch my heater box, and sand it smooth before I paint the firewall. Hopefully I can do it with the box in the car, as taking it out looks to be a real PITA.

I will try to get pictures tomarrow. Maybe when I get my "finished" pictures, there will be snow on the ground(I hope not)

Daniel
Old 02-01-2002, 10:10 PM
Paul Borowski
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 274 Likes on 160 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12

I cannot see the picture you posted...
Me either!!! And I have them all on "CorvetteForum's" site too, so I don't know what causes it. Even my sig pic comes and goes!!! Site or Internet problem I guess :confused:
Old 02-01-2002, 10:45 PM
daniel77350
Drifting

Default Re: Rad. support here wednesday! (Paul Borowski)

I dunno...two days ago I couldn't get on the forum at all, and the day before that It was slower then dial up(im on cable). I felt like I had my 28.8 again. :jester

They must be having server troblems.

Daniel
Old 02-02-2002, 01:57 PM
daniel77350
Drifting

:cuss

It got to cold to early. I can't do any more painted. Im mad.

Daniel

Get notified of new replies

To Rad. support here wednesday!

Quick Reply: Rad. support here wednesday!