C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The ''Big Brown Truck''!

Old 02-01-2002, 05:58 PM
LakotasRose
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default The ''Big Brown Truck''!

I Just LUV that guy that drives the Big Brown Truck!!! :D

Bout 20 minutes after I got home from work....that Big Brown Truck backed up the driveway!

WOO HOO!!!!!!!

I got me some flares and a Street wing!!

Looks like we might get started earlier than we thought!

..and y'all KNOW I have already got everything out of the boxes and making a ''trial'' fit!!

ARH ARH ARH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-01-2002, 06:18 PM
bence13_33
Safety Car

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Default Re: The ''Big Brown Truck''! (LakotasRose)

It's always a great feeling to see the UPS man pull in. Are you installing the spoiler and fender flares or are you having someone else do it?

So tell us more about this "wing"....it's not a ricer type wing is it? If it is I suppose we'll have to start calling LakotasRice ;) (just messin' with you).
Old 02-01-2002, 06:36 PM
LakotasRose
Race Director

Default Re: The ''Big Brown Truck''! (bence13_33)

Are you installing the spoiler and fender flares or are you having someone else do it?

So tell us more about this "wing"....it's not a ricer type wing is it? If it is I suppose we'll have to start calling LakotasRice ;) (just messin' with you).
>>>>YUP!! gonna do the work ourselves..HUBBY is gonna ''help''! ;) ( in fact Hubby will do more than me.) He ''works'' on the project when I have to work on weekends. :)

Oh yea... the ''wing'' is 4 ft high...swept back....:lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: (just kidding!!!!!!)

*chuckle*...naw...no ''ricer'' wing.....I got the ''street wing'' from Vanacor.
Old 02-01-2002, 07:07 PM
A C
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

My UPS guy makes a weekly trip to my house...literally.....I think I owe him a beer or two and a ride in the Vette this spring. Never have I had an item damaged by shipping (over 100 shipments, easily) :cheers:

AC
Old 02-01-2002, 11:34 PM
Dalannex
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: The ''Big Brown Truck''! (A C)

I was awaken this afternoon (I'm working nights for a couple weeks) by my 3 year old son telling me "daddy, wake up, the big truck brought you a box". :D I got my rear speaker brackets, cleartastic for in front of and behind the rear wheels, and some black corvette seat covers. The slip cover type. After the paint job, new carpet and rear compartment doors, new windshield and tires, I can't afford to do the seats right this year. :yesnod:

Oh yeah, by the way, if anybody is looking into those seat covers, they are a fine piece of work. They fit better than any other slip cover I've ever seen. And they're made out of material that is sturdy, and should hold up for a LOOOONG time. They look nice as well. I kind of thought they would fit loose, and look cheap, but I am REAL satisfied. :D And I got the stuff today. I ordered it from Rik's on Sunday night. All is well.
Old 02-02-2002, 09:41 AM
LakotasRose
Race Director

Default Re: The ''Big Brown Truck''! (Dalannex)

Oh yeah, by the way, if anybody is looking into those seat covers, they are a fine piece of work. They fit better than any other slip cover I've ever seen. And they're made out of material that is sturdy, and should hold up for a LOOOONG time. They look nice as well. I kind of thought they would fit loose, and look cheap, but I am REAL satisfied. :D And I got the stuff today. I ordered it from Rik's on Sunday night. All is well.
Thanks for the info..THAT is something else that I am gonna have to do...the Driver's seat is ..ummm...shall we say...''alittle' worn and seat covers would be good for the interm till we can get to doing the interior.
Old 02-02-2002, 10:13 AM
Rolling Thunder
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03

Way to go ROSE! :) That car will be awesome when its done. I remember the night I took a deep breath and cut the side out of my car. Take plenty of pictures. :cheers:

Dave
Old 02-02-2002, 10:19 AM
LakotasRose
Race Director

Default Re: The ''Big Brown Truck''! (Rolling Thunder)

Way to go ROSE! :) That car will be awesome when its done. I remember the night I took a deep breath and cut the side out of my car. Take plenty of pictures. :cheers:

Dave

:lol: Kinda felt that already when the front fenders were cut for the ''gills''....but THIS is gonna be the ''BIG'' ONE!!!!!!!

Was gonna email you...get the ''dirt'' on what to expect and to avoid the ''pitfalls''. :)
Old 02-02-2002, 10:58 AM
Edzred72
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

YEP... I know what you mean. He stopped at my house just before he came to yours :jester and brought me all my fittings, gaskets and hoses :D Too bad I'm working this weekend and can't get to my projects :mad Good luck with yours :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Old 02-02-2002, 11:55 AM
Frankenvette
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Wonderful, now you and Jim can help me with some bodywork once you practice on your car :lol: Can't wait to see the finished results. I'm spending the day under the car replacing the rear main seal, fixing the starter and other leaks, the neutral saftey switch and the convertible top frame. I'm out of breath.

Regards,

Jim
Old 02-02-2002, 12:55 PM
Justin1984
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My brother works for UPS. He calls it "The Mighty Brown" :lol: or when he's had a tough week UnPaid Slave
Old 02-02-2002, 01:07 PM
LakotasRose
Race Director

Default Re: The ''Big Brown Truck''! (Silvr77)

YEP... I know what you mean. He stopped at my house just before he came to yours :jester and brought me all my fittings, gaskets and hoses :D Too bad I'm working this weekend and can't get to my projects :mad Good luck with yours :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
That guy really ''gets around''! :lol:

Wish I could get started this weekend...but...temp not so great for fiberglassing and also..still waiting on some ''stuff'' from Ecklers.
Will propably make that first ''cut'' next weekend. :)

Wonderful, now you and Jim can help me with some bodywork once you practice on your car
Can't wait to see the finished results.
Regards,

Jim
:lol: you are just waiting to see just what kind of ''mess'' we are getting ourselves INTO!!!!!

UnPaidedSlave
:D *ROTFLMAO* :lol:

Get notified of new replies

To The ''Big Brown Truck''!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The ''Big Brown Truck''!