C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full hooker exhaust set

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2002, 05:28 PM
Phoenix79
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full hooker exhaust set

I have finally decided to go with the Hooker Dual exhaust kit, Hooker Competition Headers, and hooker mufflers. Although I'm still alittle unsure whether or not to get the Maximum Flow mufflers or the Aero Chamber ones. They are priced almost the exact same and the maximum flow mufflers have a highier cfm...I think 595. I chose the full hooker set due to their ease of installment and quality. I did look heavily into the Dynomax headers but with the dual hooker exhaust kit, I opted to go with their Hooker Comps for maximum ease of installation.

Will I need to purchase anything else to install the above products? Reducers? More hangers for the exhaust? I'm going to install the set on my stock automatic 79 L-48. It does have A/C so will I need an A/C bracket? Would anyone recommend the gaskets that come with the Hooker Comp headers? I don't want to miss anything so I can recieve the entire bundle in one mailing and work on the car ASAP.

Thanks for all the help you guys gave me! I miss driving the vette and every sunny warm day *Like today* is killing me!
Thanks in advance!
Old 02-01-2002, 05:37 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 143 Likes on 126 Posts

Default Re: Full hooker exhaust set (Phoenix79)

Congrats Can u post this a few more times!!! :jester :p:
Old 02-01-2002, 06:16 PM
Jenny
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Full hooker exhaust set (Alwyn678)

It's the rare Triple Post :D :jester
Old 02-01-2002, 06:26 PM
Phoenix79
Instructor

Wow really?! hahah I clicked post and the system stalled so I clicked it 2 more times and let it sit for a good 15 mins, it finally posted then. Sorry about that!
Old 02-02-2002, 01:19 AM
Phoenix79
Instructor

Default Re: Full hooker exhaust set

Come on buddies! Any answers to my questions? I'm in the final phase of purchasing those parts and would like to know if I need anything else before I order the entire set. :chevy
Old 02-02-2002, 02:06 AM
Jvette73
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its hard to say exactly what you might need when you get down to buisness. The boxed up bolt on kits dont always go on smoothly. Keep all the clamps loose till you get it fit right then tighten them. I was able to modify the A/C bracket for my 73. Not sure how yours is set up though. It seems like you have the correct ideas in mind. Grab a wrench and get busy. :yesnod:
Old 02-02-2002, 03:08 AM
Signal
Advanced

Well don't have an answer to your question but I was wondering where you were ordering this kit from??..It sounds pretty sweet and something I'd consider for the '77...Thanks for any info!...

:)

Jason
Old 02-02-2002, 01:45 PM
Phoenix79
Instructor

Default Re: Full hooker exhaust set (Signal)

You can get the entire set from Summit. I just recently recieved my catalog in the mail and did some looking. The entire set can be bought for about $370.00. Some of the members have the full set as well and I heard good things about the ease and compatibility the hooker dual exhaust kit and headers have with C3 Vettes.

Get notified of new replies

To Full hooker exhaust set

Quick Reply: Full hooker exhaust set