C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full hooker exhaust set

Old 02-01-2002, 05:28 PM
Phoenix79
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full hooker exhaust set

I have finally decided to go with the Hooker Dual exhaust kit, Hooker Competition Headers, and hooker mufflers. Although I'm still alittle unsure whether or not to get the Maximum Flow mufflers or the Aero Chamber ones. They are priced almost the exact same and the maximum flow mufflers have a highier cfm...I think 595. I chose the full hooker set due to their ease of installment and quality. I did look heavily into the Dynomax headers but with the dual hooker exhaust kit, I opted to go with their Hooker Comps for maximum ease of installation.

Will I need to purchase anything else to install the above products? Reducers? More hangers for the exhaust? I'm going to install the set on my stock automatic 79 L-48. It does have A/C so will I need an A/C bracket? Would anyone recommend the gaskets that come with the Hooker Comp headers? I don't want to miss anything so I can recieve the entire bundle in one mailing and work on the car ASAP.

Thanks for all the help you guys gave me! I miss driving the vette and every sunny warm day *Like today* is killing me!
Thanks in advance!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Full hooker exhaust set