C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone running Hooker header sidepipe in Illinois? Any hassels with the law?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2002, 03:47 PM
76greg
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone running Hooker header sidepipe in Illinois? Any hassels with the law?

Bought a 76 L82 4spd. with Hooker header sidepipes but they need to be replaced due to rust and rot. I will have limited mileage insurance so EPA testing is waived. How about any hassels from the law? I would prefer to just replace the system with the same setup but I am concerned about spending $1000 then being forced to put another more stock exhaust system on. :mad

Love the look of those side pipes! :D Greg :seeya
Old 02-01-2002, 05:52 PM
JCL
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Anyone running Hooker header sidepipe in Illinois? Any hassels with the law? (76greg)

Greg76. Don't they have a year cut off that exempts your car? Like 25 years. It's that way here in Ohio. My 79 is good until 2003 for E- Check, and 2004 is the 25 year cut off. I've got Hookers and pipes anyway. You take it day by day. Worst case here is to get a "Collectors" tag. JCL :cool: :cool: :chevy "Sidepipes are the way".
Old 02-04-2002, 01:01 PM
76greg
Racer

Default Re: Anyone running Hooker header sidepipe in Illinois? Any hassels with the law? (JCL)

Thanks JCL ,

I could get antique plates in Illinois but they are very restrictive as you are only supposed to drive to and from an event or for service. With limited mileage insurance there are less restrictions and a waiver from testing. I guess I will just have to go with sidepipe inserts like reverse flow or glass packs. Looks like Summit has the best deal.

Thanks again! Greg
Old 02-04-2002, 03:29 PM
JCL
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Anyone running Hooker header sidepipe in Illinois? Any hassels with the law? (76greg)

Greg. Tried to e-mail you ,and it keeps coming back. E-mail me. Iv'e got some info for you. JCL :cool: :cool: :chevy
Old 02-04-2002, 05:21 PM
76greg
Racer

Default Re: Anyone running Hooker header sidepipe in Illinois? Any hassels with the law? (JCL)

JCL,

I am at greg.marulewski@quebecorworld.com or 76greg@msn.com.

Thanks! Greg :seeya

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone running Hooker header sidepipe in Illinois? Any hassels with the law?

Quick Reply: Anyone running Hooker header sidepipe in Illinois? Any hassels with the law?