C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Someone scratched my car! :(

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2002, 12:15 AM
Buffalo Dude
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Default Someone scratched my car! :(

I come out to my car after school, and what do I see but scratches! :mad

Now I know some are to be expected, especially with a parking lot, but on the hood? :mad :cuss :mad :cuss

It's like someone decided to rest something on the hood and it started sliding because these people are dumb. High school people are so inconsiderate, they treat everyone else's stuff like s***. They even treat their own stuff like s***. I hate high school. :mad

Hopefully they'll buff out and I never catch them, otherwise they're in for a lot of :cuss :cuss :cuss and :smash: :smash: :smash:
Old 02-01-2002, 12:26 AM
Justin1984
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Someone scratched my car! :( (Buffalo Dude)

It's like someone decided to rest something on the hood and it started sliding because these people are dumb. High school people are so inconsiderate, they treat everyone else's stuff like s***. They even treat their own stuff like s***. :
Dude, get used to it...people just have no respect at all. I came out of my apartment one day to find the people that lived next door to me having a picnic on the trunk lid of my 92 Plymouth. Not only that but they didn't even have the courtesy to get their crap off my car when I got in. I had to get back out and tell them to take their S*** and take a hike. :rolleyes:
Old 02-01-2002, 12:37 AM
Jester69Stingray
Pro

Default Re: Someone scratched my car! :( (Justin1984)

It's like someone decided to rest something on the hood and it started sliding because these people are dumb. High school people are so inconsiderate, they treat everyone else's stuff like s***. They even treat their own stuff like s***. :

Dude, get used to it...people just have no respect at all. I came out of my apartment one day to find the people that lived next door to me having a picnic on the trunk lid of my 92 Plymouth. Not only that but they didn't even have the courtesy to get their crap off my car when I got in. I had to get back out and tell them to take their S*** and take a hike. :rolleyes:
You should have driven off with thier stuff still on your car. ;)
Old 02-01-2002, 12:45 AM
Mac
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Someone scratched my car! :( (Jester69Stingray)

A buddy of mine had his car in a 'show & shine' event. He'd surrounded it with ropes, big DO NOT TOUCH signs, you name it, and thought he was safe.

He walked across to talk to another participant and had to run to stop a woman stepped over the ropes, walked past the signs and was preparing to stand her child on the hood while she took a picture. When he ordered her away from his car, she got all indignant! How dare he order her away from his car.

To quote the old song- "Everybody knows the world is full of stupid people" (Banditos)
Old 02-01-2002, 02:02 AM
Justin1984
Drifting

Default Re: Someone scratched my car! :( (Mac)

To quote the old song- "Everybody knows the world is full of stupid people" (Banditos)
:eek: holy cow!! I never heard anyone reference that song in my whole life!! I saw those guys at a radio show in 1996! :cool:
Old 02-01-2002, 05:42 AM
78pace
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

back when i had my 77 a friend and i had gone to a club for some cold ones
the next day I had very deep scratches on the passenger door. some people dont respect others personal property . thank god for insurance
Old 02-01-2002, 07:46 AM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: Someone scratched my car! :( (78pace)

yeah they dont appreciate oher peoples things at all..eally makes you mad..had the same thing a couple of weeks ago.luckily i buffed mine out.
Old 02-01-2002, 08:01 AM
rjs82vette
Racer

Default Re: Someone scratched my car! :( (pats406nitrovette)

I got DRUNK scratched in the passenger door of my car one night, cant buff it went too deep.... Thing is... My wife and I dont drink...
Old 02-01-2002, 08:44 AM
Zane
Racer

Well at least they did not brake out your back glass like they did to mine :cry
It cost me 200 bucks for a used one and another 125 to have it installed. The glass shop wanted 800 bucks to install a new one. I'm thinking of setting up booby traps around my car and smashing them :smash: Well maybe not,I might get blood on my car can't do that. I'll have to think of somthing else.
Old 02-01-2002, 10:39 AM
bence13_33
Safety Car

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Buffalo Dude:
That's what always scared me about driving my Corvette to high school....I couldn't wait for school to end so I could get it out of the parking lot. BTW NO, some scratches are not to be expected....scratches are a result of careless people who have no respect for another person's property.
Old 02-01-2002, 11:25 AM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts

Default Re: Someone scratched my car! :( (bence13_33)

When i was In High school I never drove my 68 vert to school cause i knew it would have gotten keyed or smething
Old 02-01-2002, 11:29 AM
Corz
Team Owner

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Default Re: Someone scratched my car! :( (bence13_33)

oddly enough... no one ever scratched my car.. maybe cuz the paint was to shot and nobody cared to look at it. . . the real test is coming next month when its painted :(
Old 02-01-2002, 03:27 PM
KB in CO
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: Someone scratched my car! :( (Corzvette69)

Man, sorry to hear about your scatches. I sure wished I was driving a Vette in high school. The car I drove in high school, a 1972 bright orange Toyota Corolla. :U

Not the actual car. But it looked just like this.

[Modified by Ken's 78, 12:28 PM 2/1/2002]
Old 02-01-2002, 03:33 PM
Chris@VetteFinders
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Default Re: Someone scratched my car! :( (Ken's 78)

"I've been all around the world and only stupid people are breeding"
Old 02-01-2002, 06:09 PM
71vettman
Racer

Default Re: Someone scratched my car! :( (Rhys)

I was always worried leaving my car in my highschool parkinglot for the same reasons. Luckily no one ever tuched it. I think part of the reason was that everyone knew I had spent almost 3 years restoring it and I may have gotten a little respect for that. They probably also knew that I would hunt anyone down and make them very sorry if they did anything to it. :smash: :boxing
Old 02-01-2002, 06:32 PM
ITZA79
Advanced

This happened to my minivan aout a month ago. Took a key to the passenger side from the front all the way to the back.
:mad
Old 02-01-2002, 11:52 PM
79vetteL82
Intermediate

Default Re: Someone scratched my car! :( (ITZA79)

Yeah people are such jerks when I take my vette to shows little kids will try and pry them selves up to look in the window little b******S. I can not believe some lady was going to put her kid on the hood of a vette even though it said dont touch and what not that is nuts :eek:. That would be when I would open up a can full of whoop A** :lol:. So many jerks in the world that dont respect fine automobiles. My son will never drive his 91 mustang to high school it's mint and 1 of 370 made he loves that car more than life itself.

Get notified of new replies

To Someone scratched my car! :(

Old 02-02-2002, 12:08 AM
MikeZiggy
7th Gear

Default Re: Someone scratched my car! :( (79vetteL82)

Ive had coke spilt on mine more than once, the Corvette emblem on the rear bumper was cracked in half due to probable attempted theft. I started parking the in the teachers only section, never got in trouble for it. At least the teachers and police show respect.
Old 02-02-2002, 04:50 AM
Buffalo Dude
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '07

You should have driven off with thier stuff still on your car. ;)
:lol: I would have if I had caught them. Also would have gotten the club out of the back. Not just a theft deterent anymore, it's now a blunt object! Can't park in staff either because they hired 5 new people whose sole purpose is to enforce dress code and write tickets and tell us we're all dumb. And they wonder where the school budget goes :rolleyes: :crazy:

I can't put the cover on it either because the parking sticker "must be prominently displayed in the driver's side front windshield" and I think it might just encourage more vandalism. The thing is, most of the people there just have mommy and daddy buy them everything and don't work on their own stuff; they just hire someone else to do it. So when someone like me who does his own work gets something nice, it's automatically a target. Granted, some people do work hard for nice stuff, and I respect those people and they respect me because we both know what kind of work goes into it. It's just those a-holes that think "my cigarette and cafe latte is more important than this guys car so I can rest it on top while I smoke" that ruins it for everyone. :mad

Just had to vent, thanks for listening. I'll wash my car tomorrow and try to buff out the scratches :p:
Old 02-02-2002, 10:49 AM
Sean Willard
Instructor

That really suck man, I've been there too. When I was in high school I drove a red Porsche 928. I guess it made people jelious, I'd come out after school and find scratches, spit, and even once some a**hole put a cigarette out on my hood :mad
My only advise is to park in an area where other students prefer not to park, and in areas where these punks will be more visible when they're trying to screw with your baby. Good luck man, I hope you don't have any more of this BS! :cheers:

Quick Reply: Someone scratched my car! :(