C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Small Block MPFI: Holley Commander 950 vs Accel Pro Ram DFI

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2002, 02:28 PM
Gameshow Bob
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Small Block MPFI: Holley Commander 950 vs Accel Pro Ram DFI

Well, I have money burning a hole in my pocket again, so its time to start up another project. Does anyone know how the two systems compare? The price and specs seem almost identical. How does the software compare?
Old 01-31-2002, 07:31 PM
Gameshow Bob
Racer

Default Re: Small Block MPFI: Holley Commander 950 vs Accel Pro Ram DFI (Gameshow Bob)

Can anyone comment on either of these systems? Not necessarily a compare/contrast sorta thing. . . Weaknesses/Strengths, etc. . . :confused:
Old 01-31-2002, 11:07 PM
Golden80
Race Director

Default Re: Small Block MPFI: Holley Commander 950 vs Accel Pro Ram DFI (Gameshow Bob)

I can't say much about the Accel because I haven't looked into it much. But in a few years when I graduate I want to get the Holley setup to put on top of my ZZ4 when I get that too. All the people I hear talk about the Holley setup really like it.

Matt
Old 01-31-2002, 11:51 PM
zwede
Race Director

Received 333 Likes on 255 Posts

I haven't tried the Accell system, but I'm running the cmdr 950 on my 454.

From what I understand, the Accell DFI that usually comes with the pro ram is the DFI-6. This is an older controller with a DOS interface. The newer DFI-7 controller is supposed to be much, much nicer but costs quite a bit more.

I think that it's really hard to beat the cmdr 950 in the ~$2200 range right now. The accell pro ram w/ DFI-7 will run you $3k or so.

If you want a good idea on what the cmdr 950 looks like and what it can do, download the manual from holley's website. It's a very good read, regardless of what system you end up with.

Also look into FAST. They are the next step up in price and make a very good system.
Old 02-01-2002, 12:07 AM
Budman68
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

Default Re: Small Block MPFI: Holley Commander 950 vs Accel Pro Ram DFI (zwede)

Gameshow,
Give the Dallas guys the heads up and we can give you a hand. With Zwede, Adam, Vettemanic, Glock94, Crutis,and I, we should be able to hook that system up in a day.
Budman
Old 02-01-2002, 12:47 AM
Gameshow Bob
Racer

Default Re: Small Block MPFI: Holley Commander 950 vs Accel Pro Ram DFI (Budman78)

Gameshow,
Give the Dallas guys the heads up and we can give you a hand. With Zwede, Adam, Vettemanic, Glock94, Crutis,and I, we should be able to hook that system up in a day.
Budman
A day? That'd be awsome! I'll supply the beer :cheers: I was thinking about going with this system before my inspection in march to get rid of the little EGR plug on my intake. I figure if they dont see spot for it, they might be more likely to not notice. There's also another Driver's Edge class coming up in April out at the Motorsport Ranch (just south of FW) that I thought fuel injection would be nice for. Getting It properly tuned afterwards might be a bit of work. A friend put a Tec-II ECU on his Subaru a while back and had a hell of a time tuning it. I guess I have the experience of Zwede to tap if I get into a jam though :D

Get notified of new replies

To Small Block MPFI: Holley Commander 950 vs Accel Pro Ram DFI

Quick Reply: Small Block MPFI: Holley Commander 950 vs Accel Pro Ram DFI