C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

side pipes

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2002, 10:24 AM
emsrescu
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default side pipes

I would love to have side pipes on my 77 but, how do i put on the cats? I love the look and i bet they would sound sweet. I have the dynomax headers on my vette now so show me the part #s and tell me what to do. Shes sitting and ready to get some pipes done and if the $$$$ is right i may as well go with sidepipes. :smash:
Old 01-31-2002, 09:37 PM
JCL
Burning Brakes

Default Re: side pipes (emsrescu)

emsrescu. I think to put the cats on, and have sidepipes too, you'll run into a plumbers nightmare.Theres just not enough room, and still keep it dollar smart. Break down and just go for the "sidepipes". Be a rebel like the rest of us. Sidepipes are the way. JCL :cool: :cool: :chevy *Just realized that I broke the 200th post bracket. COOL

[Modified by JCL, 7:40 PM 1/31/2002]
Old 02-01-2002, 02:22 AM
ScubaJKD
Burning Brakes

Drop the cats and screw the FEDS. Just budget an extra 50 bucks a year to grease the skids of your local inspection shop on an annual basis. Of course this is just my opinion and I may soon be arrested by the mattress police for flagerantly removing my tag.

:cheers:
Old 02-01-2002, 02:33 AM
Wrencher
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Re: side pipes (ScubaJKD)

There is an option. Run a "Y" pipe (one end to the side pipes, the other to your regular system) with flanges on each end. Put a block plate in the sytem you aren't using. So most of the time you could route the exhaust out the side, then through the cats for your inspection. You would tell 'em their just for "looks" :D I dunno, it might be a bit much...

Hans
Old 02-01-2002, 08:50 AM
emsrescu
Melting Slicks

Default Re: side pipes (Wrencher)

My state does the inspect and they failed our 88 for too loud by 1 1/2 db 3 times. I don't think i can get passed without the cats.
Old 02-01-2002, 09:15 AM
JCL
Burning Brakes

emsrescu. What is the dba level for Delaware? Sounds like thats really to close for any test. Dba testing has so many varialbles. I've tested mine alot of times, and a cough, or a jet 30,000 ft in the sky, or just about anything can change the reading. If it's not in a controled set up, you've got differences. JCL :cool: :cool: :chevy "Sidepipes are the way".

Get notified of new replies

To side pipes

Quick Reply: side pipes