C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bowling Green Special?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2002, 09:22 AM
onedef92
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

Default Bowling Green Special?

I met a little old lady who works here as a security guard at Actor's Theatre in Louisville. She owns a 1982 L-83 Coupe painted in a distinctively striking, two-tone green paint combo.

When I queried her about her car, she said it was one of only 1050 painted that color which she described as a "Bowling Green Special." Has any one here heard of this C-3 color code before? Pictures would be wonderful, too.
Old 01-31-2002, 12:50 PM
HawkIVette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Bowling Green Special? (onedef92)

:bs Sounds like a story. Ask her to show you the trim tag showing the color codes. I don't think it came from the factory that way.
If it is one of 1050, somebody could have bought 1050 cars and painted them the same color, but I highly doubt it.
Sounds like someone sold her the car with that made up story to get more money out of it. Or it's her story and she's trying to get you.
Old 01-31-2002, 01:54 PM
onedef92
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

Default Re: Bowling Green Special? (Rich's75)

Could be, Rich. If I can get a pic of the car, I'll post it here so we can take a look at it. Or maybe she'll let me get the color codes and I'll post them here.

She was real nice and let me sit in the car and the leather seats were trimmed in the same light green color as the body. Very attractive, unusual paint job.

I love C-3s but I'm not interested in buying one now, though. I've got my hands full with my 92 C-4, trust me.

Get notified of new replies

To Bowling Green Special?

Quick Reply: Bowling Green Special?