C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any update on Lars Florida visit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2002, 07:15 PM
Larry B.
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Any update on Lars Florida visit?

Any Idea when he will be heading this way?:flag :cheers:

[Modified by silvervetteman, 5:16 PM 1/30/2002]
Old 01-30-2002, 08:27 PM
shoptek
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Re: Any update on Lars Florida visit? (silvervetteman)

Yeah Lars, come on down!!

I'll be visiting Orlando again in the middle of February if that time is good for you!!!! :D :D :D
Old 01-31-2002, 04:30 AM
marky mark
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Re: Any update on Lars Florida visit? (shoptek)

These dates are tentative. Lars, and I talked about he and his family arriving in Jax. on Thursday Feb. 28th (late)pm. Then he would be available to help us on Fri. 3/1, Sat 3/2 and Sun. 3/3. They would then return on Monday to Colorado.

Base of operations at this point is at my house in Jax. Beach, Fl. a 2&1/2 hr drive from Orlando, 1&1/2 hrs from Daytona Beach, etc.

Our "contribution" would be in the areas of hotel lodging and rental car. If someone near Jax has a car for his wife to get around in while he's busy with our cars that would save some money. The hotel bill will be around $400 (oceanfront, but not too fancy)which is for 4 nights.

I can set-up a list with those interested in donating some $ for the cause. Those that do will get their cars worked on first. Some may not be able to donate $ which is ok. This is also about meeting new friends so don't let the $$$ request turn you off. I'm certainly not making anything out of this and neither is Lars (he's paying for three roundtrip plane tix himself).

So far, that's all I've got. Once we confirm travel dates he or I will certainly post the details. I think it's wonderful that we could get someone with his expertise to work on our cars!

Oh yeah, as long as it's an American V-8 (no computers please) he will work on non-vettes as well.

I'll start by committing to $100 myself right now.

Talk soon, Mark :chevy
Old 01-31-2002, 09:26 AM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Default Re: Any update on Lars Florida visit? (marky mark)

OH Mark, my first anniversary is the 28th....wife is taking off work for that weekend...we still plan on going out/town...but money is tite, so maybe not...we will see...
GENE
Old 01-31-2002, 01:43 PM
marky mark
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Any update on Lars Florida visit? (mrvette)

t.t.t.
Old 02-01-2002, 04:56 AM
marky mark
Burning Brakes

This just in... I am apparently the only Forum member who resides in Jacksonville, Florida.

C'mon guys & gals, this is our chance to get our motors running to their true potential. Truly a lost art nowadays.

Need some support to make this deal happen.

Regards, Mark :flag :chevy

[Modified by marky mark, 3:56 AM 2/1/2002]
Old 02-01-2002, 06:22 AM
Larry B.
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Any update on Lars Florida visit? (silvervetteman)

Well I'm really looking forward to it. I don't think it is too far from central Florida to drive up. There are a few forum members around here and I'm sure there are some in JAX too. I'll be there. :cheers:
Old 02-01-2002, 10:41 AM
thejaf
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$&i+ fires, you're tempting me, and 12+ hours away!! :eek: That would be 12 hours in a 30 year old car with no radio and a wife to listen to :lol:

Seriously, it would behoove anyone in the SE region to get together, because I know Lars has helped me out tremendously.
Old 02-01-2002, 07:22 PM
marky mark
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Any update on Lars Florida visit? (thejaf)

Silver and others, I spoke to Lars today. He can't get decent ticket prices at that time due to spring break. So, visit is off for now.

HOWEVER, his wife and daughter, who were also coming down with Lars, have decided they would prefer to have something to do while Lars is wrenching the cars. So, it looks like Orlando is where they would like to go instead of Jax. THE MOUSE!!!

So, Silver, perhaps we can do it down in your neck of the woods and I can drive down from Jax. for a day. It will have to be a little later than dates posted initially. Do you have facilities for such work? I'll still chip in some $.

Jacksonville loses out to Orlando, again (just kidding).

Regards, Mark
Old 02-01-2002, 07:27 PM
Warp70
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lars in Orlando........a winning combination!!!!!!! I should be able to chip in some $$$$, though she's running good, Im sure I could use some adjustments to the Carb......keep us informed of the dates and I'm in........ :cool: :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To Any update on Lars Florida visit?

Quick Reply: Any update on Lars Florida visit?