C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about replacing Headlight/Wiper Control Vacum Lines in a 1969...

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2002, 09:15 AM
James
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question about replacing Headlight/Wiper Control Vacum Lines in a 1969...

I received a Deluxe vacum hose/line replacement kit from Zips the other day.
In the kit they give you all of the correctly color coded lines and a few vacum fittings. They also provide a diagram and a troubleshooting guide.
For those of you that have done this do you still need to cut the lines to the correct length once installed?
The reason I ask is because I started putting them into place and they sure seem like I have alot left over after making the correct connections.
Anyone know?
Old 01-30-2002, 09:30 AM
bb69
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Re: Question about replacing Headlight/Wiper Control Vacum Lines in a 1969... (James)

They should be pretty close to the correct length. Most likely, the problem you have is with the routing. I just installed all new lines, and they fit very well. Do you have the AIM manual to show you exactly how the lines go? Good luck.
Old 01-30-2002, 09:34 AM
C.T.
Pro

Received 200 Likes on 132 Posts

Default Re: Question about replacing Headlight/Wiper Control Vacum Lines in a 1969... (James)

Recently replaced all the lines in my '72 but, I had all the originals as a guide. Yes, most of the repro lines had to be cut to length to match the originals.

Best of luck!

Craig
Old 01-30-2002, 12:53 PM
James
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Question about replacing Headlight/Wiper Control Vacum Lines in a 1969... (C.T.)

Thanks for the information.
Where is the best place to purchase a AIM manual?
I think I need one.
Old 01-30-2002, 02:22 PM
69classchass
Advanced

Did your instructions say anything about having to cut and fit lines depending on where the wiper components are mounted in the engine compartment of a 69 vette? The 69 vette changed mounting position sometime during the year. Zips gave you the longest lines so you can fit them if necessary.
TC

Get notified of new replies

To Question about replacing Headlight/Wiper Control Vacum Lines in a 1969...

Quick Reply: Question about replacing Headlight/Wiper Control Vacum Lines in a 1969...