C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2002, 06:50 PM
rdrman
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Question

Currantly I have 4 Googyear Eagle St"s 245/60/15 on my 74. With the raiased white letters they are sharp looking on the car. The front tires are still good. The rear tires need to be replaced for my spring inspection.I went to a local tire dealer and he told me that they have been discontinued? They were in stock last fall or so the salesman at the time told me. maybe he's just trying to sell his stock tires only? Anyway And recomended that I replace the rear 2 withGoodyear wing foot's? Anyone one have any experance with these tires?
Old 01-29-2002, 12:33 AM
VTHokie77Vette
Racer

Default Re: Tire Question (rdrman)

I was told a few years back that the STs were discontinued. My tire man recommended the Goodyear Eagle GT II's. I like them a lot. They look sharp and perform well. Sorry I don't have any experience with the Goodyear WingFoots, but thought I'd give you something else to look for because its always nice to have options. :)
Old 01-29-2002, 12:50 AM
HawkIVette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another thing you might try is to find someone else with the same problem and buy him a couple of new tires for his 4 Goodyear Eagle ST's that still have some good tread left on them.
Hmmmm, I just might know someone who has some of those. :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
(Notice picture below)
Old 01-29-2002, 12:53 AM
73 LS-4
Melting Slicks

I sell the wingfoots and GTII's, you'd be much happier with the GTII's, much closer to the look of the ST's then the wingfoots would be.

:cheers:
Pat Kunz
Old 01-29-2002, 05:05 AM
rdrman
Racer

Thanks all I thought maybe he was giving me a runaround, going to check out the GTII's this afternoon
Old 01-29-2002, 06:39 AM
Larry B.
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Almost all 15" tires in the larger sizes like 195's up in 60 and 70 series are becoming extinct. FAST We will allbe forced into 17" rims or be stuck with passenger car tires. This has been comming for a year or so. The last tires I bought were Firestone standard SS 20's . I even called BF Goodrich and the customer service person told me that No body was making a performance tire in our size's and shortly we woul not even be able to get ANY tire's in the stock size. Even though they had recieved hundreds of letter there just wsn't any market for these sizes. :mad :bs

Get notified of new replies

To Tire Question

Quick Reply: Tire Question