C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing front pace car spoilers

Old 01-28-2002, 09:51 AM
SteveA
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing front pace car spoilers

Has anyone ever installed these?(the urethane ones). Center section is OK.. just can't seem to get a tight fit on the sides. Tried heating them a little and really pulling on them but there is still a gap between the fender and spoilers and they move around a lot. Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-28-2002, 10:03 AM
MacA1979
Always Shiftin'
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 522 Likes on 201 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C5 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Default Re: Installing front pace car spoilers (SteveA)

Steve,
When I had my '79 I bought the one-piece fiberglass PC spoiler. I had the same problem with close fit. However, with the design of the one piece I was able to drill two extra holes around the radius of the wheel openings on both sides. Starting down low, I pulled the spoiler in tight and secured the spoiler with a screw. I continued this process until I had secured the top part of the spoiler. The picture below is the closest shot I have of the front spoiler, but you can see how tight it was. I don't know if this procedure will work for your urethane spoiler or no, but I thought I would pass this along anyway! Good Luck!! :cheers:
Old 01-28-2002, 10:43 AM
Chris@VetteFinders
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Installing front pace car spoilers (SteveA)

Where did you buy them from? Are the bolts not close enough to the top to pull them in?
Old 01-28-2002, 10:52 AM
SteveA
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Installing front pace car spoilers (Rhys)

Bought them from mid-america - & they have the bolts at the top. Granted the tolerances on every car is different, but don't fit the contour of the fender exactly unless you really pull up on them.

Get notified of new replies

To Installing front pace car spoilers

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Installing front pace car spoilers