C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Someone hit my truck.......on purpose!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2002, 12:47 AM
CDaniel525
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Someone hit my truck.......on purpose!!!

After the track tonight, i went home and got my truck and decided to go to my aunts for dinner. Well its a good thing i got my truck, but still: wel heres the story....
Went to my aunts house, which is kinda like a condo association, but with assigned parking spots, but they are still like parking on the street and there is no lines to seperate each spot, so how would i eve know that its assigned spots?? So i go inside and sit down...im there for about 2-3 mins and my aunt say"s "i wouldnt leave your truck there cause there is assigned parking and sometimes people can get mad if you are in their spots....so i went outside and some kissing ***** backed his rusty POS white trash car back into my dakota R/T. His rear bumper is pushing my front bumper in slightly....i walk out screaming and yelling when i see this and the azz hole is standing right there listening to me and has nothing to say and goes back inside....i go inside to show my aunt and she comes out with me and im still yelling at the top of my lungs and he comes back and gets all mad cause i was in "his" spot. I said "WTF, i had no idea there was assigned spots, and you Fing backup into me on purpose!" I back up the truck and get flashlight to check to see if anything was scratched....from what i could tell everything was fine. I regret that i didnt call the police just on morals cause of that AH. If i can see any damage at all tomorrow morning when the sun is out im going to the police w/o a doubt! I wish i took a picture of his car backinto mine as well as evidence if need be......im soo friggin mad right now.....i usually never get mad likethis, and even now (4 hours later) i could go back there and beat this guy over the head
Even if the assigned parking sopts is policy, wouldnt it still be illegal for him to purposely back into me??

:mad :cuss :mad :cuss :mad :cuss :mad :cuss :mad :cuss :mad :cuss :mad :cuss :mad :cuss :mad :cuss :mad :cuss :mad :cuss :mad :cuss :mad :cuss :mad :cuss :mad :cuss :mad :cuss :mad :cuss :mad :cuss :mad :cuss :mad :cuss :mad :cuss :mad :cuss :mad :cuss :mad :cuss :mad :cuss :mad :cuss :mad :cuss :mad :cuss :mad :cuss :mad :cuss :mad :cuss :mad :cuss :mad :cuss :mad :cuss
Old 01-28-2002, 01:31 AM
mrbeaubo
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: Someone hit my truck.......on purpose!!! (74VETTE)

NOTHING makes backing into you legal.
Old 01-28-2002, 01:40 AM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Re: Someone hit my truck.......on purpose!!! (mrbeaubo)

Call the police! They will probably give you a parking ticket. This is New Jersey, where a man's parking place is his castle. :( MJ
Old 01-28-2002, 02:35 AM
PatG
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear that but at least it didn't look like there was any damage. Perhaps the guy in the white car was from France. I visited Paris last year and you would not beleive the parking there. The cars literally park with the bumpers touching. My wife and I watched on car do 8 bumps, 4 in front and 4 in back to get out of a parking spot. While walking down the street we also saw a young kid actually pushing the car in front so he could make room to get out. Can you imagine parking your vette on a Paris street?
Old 01-28-2002, 03:54 AM
Mac
Melting Slicks

Once you've calmed down, check carefully for damage. If there's no damage, great- take a note for next time and attend those anger management classes!! If you do find damage, call the cops.

Unless it's a private street (which it likely isn't) the condo assn. has no right to assign parking. If it's a public street, the roadway including paved shoulders and usually beyond, are owned by the municipality, not the condo assn. which means- no assigned parking.

Even if it's a private roadway, the jerk would still be liable for any damages he creates, assigned parking or not. I hope you recorded his licence number. If not, he's no doubt parked in his spot, so you can always get it later. Obviously there's an ongoing problem at the condo but his chosen method of protest is not acceptable.
Old 01-28-2002, 08:30 AM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: Someone hit my truck.......on purpose!!! (Mac)

that sucks chris you got luck like i do :yesnod:
Old 01-28-2002, 11:31 PM
CDaniel525
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Someone hit my truck.......on purpose!!! (pats406nitrovette)

Well first off id like to say thanks for listening to me rant about this.....i was extremely pissed about this.....second off, THANK GOD i didnt have my vette, cause id have a life time of tooth picks :bb
First thing this morning before i went to work, i went outside and checked the truck out. Only thing on there was 5 years worth of dirt off of his car.. :lol: No scratches, scuffs, or dents!
After thinking about it more last night i really wished i called the police on prinipal alone. Even my father said i should have called the police, or gave him a good :boxing whooping, but im not the type of person to do that. Im sure that wouldnt look good on an application for a Law Enforcement job ill be going for soon. But i really should have called the police and regret not doing so.
if it were a junker i wouldnt care, buts its in mint shape

Chris
Old 01-29-2002, 12:24 AM
Mac
Melting Slicks

Application for law enforcement, hmmm? I just read through your signature block. Are you sure this is the career path you want to follow? :lol:
Old 01-29-2002, 12:33 AM
CDaniel525
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Someone hit my truck.......on purpose!!! (Mac)

Application for law enforcement, hmmm? I just read through your signature block. Are you sure this is the career path you want to follow? :lol:
HaHa!! I figure then i can get away with anything i want! :jester

Get notified of new replies

To Someone hit my truck.......on purpose!!!

Quick Reply: Someone hit my truck.......on purpose!!!