C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

great time at atco today......

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2002, 07:12 PM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Default great time at atco today......

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=227428
got to meet alot of guys and take alot of pics..congrats on gordons fast time of 12.70 and spinning first gear.... :cheers: i had a ton of fuel problems i had to let off at the top of every gear it was pinging so bad ..had my junk dist. in msd isnt back yet...13.8 60 foot 2.00....and kept falling on its face off of the line..always next time.

[Modified by pats406nitrovette, 6:12 PM 1/27/2002]

[Modified by pats406nitrovette, 6:25 PM 1/27/2002]
Old 01-27-2002, 07:23 PM
1979toy
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: great time at atco today...... (pats406nitrovette)

I'm surprised that you were able to run at all. Didn't somebody tell you that your car was on fire? With all that smoke they should have grabbed the fire extuinguishers! :jester
Old 01-27-2002, 09:54 PM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: great time at atco today...... (1979toy)

wished they were smoking alittle more though track was real sticky kept bogging real bad on launch. :D
Old 01-27-2002, 11:46 PM
Xracer
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pat,

Are you running an open-air filter set-up on the car? If so your stumble maybe from that. On the Camaro I had just an open-air filter under the hood. The car bogged. I made an air box to use the cowl set-up on the hood and picked up two tenths in the sixty. No joke. It's just a thought but it was a pain to track down until we tried the box. This is assuming you have exhausted any carb problems.

Joe
Old 01-28-2002, 01:17 AM
Shark Racer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 241 Likes on 200 Posts

Tire smoke corrodes paint. Looks like you'll have to give me the car so I can take better care of that little blue baby. I expect it by the end of the week. :)
-Steve
"Even in chaos, the sapphire shines..."

[Modified by Pacin'California, 9:21 PM 1/27/2002]
Old 01-28-2002, 01:39 AM
Stingy74
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wished they were smoking alittle more though track was real sticky kept bogging real bad on launch. :D
You mean there's actually such thing as traction on a dragstrip? I was at a small 1/8 mile track in Sturgis S.D. and even though it was a concrete launch pad i'd swear I was driving on ice! It's like you think you broke a driveshaft or something!
Old 01-28-2002, 01:39 AM
Captain Morgan
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Default Re: great time at atco today...... (Xracer)

Are you running an open-air filter set-up on the car? If so your stumble maybe from that. On the Camaro I had just an open-air filter under the hood. The car bogged. I made an air box to use the cowl set-up on the hood and picked up two tenths in the sixty.
Just curious, do you happen to know why it bogged with the open air element and not with the box? Mine is bogging off the line and I have a K&N open air element so I wonder if that could be a problem. I've adjusted the secondary windup spring but haven't had a chance to check it out yet. When our track opens (April or May :( ), I'll get a chance to check it and adjust the spring some more and test it at different rates. I sure am learning a lot on this forum, still have a lot to learn too.

Get notified of new replies

To great time at atco today......

Quick Reply: great time at atco today......