C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bored again..found build sheet, installed new emblem...

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2002, 06:18 PM
Binnie77
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Bored again..found build sheet, installed new emblem...

This afternoon I decided I wanted to replace my rear Corvette emblem. I was told that you had to remove the rear bumper cap in order to get at the bolts. That is not the case...it is only a 20 minute job. Up on top inside of the rear bumper is an aluminum bracket that is retained by 3 bolts. The emblem is behind that bracket. All you need to do is remove the license plate and take out the 2 bolts holding the cap to the bumper. The cap will pull out far enough to get the 2 bolts that hold the aluminum bracket on. Remove the 3rd bolt and take the bracket out of the way and voila...there is the emblem nuts in plain view.

After I replaced my emblem I thought I would drop my spare tire and take the spare compartment down so that I could clean it up. Ah..got to love that new original Goodyear Steelgard spare.

I was looking around underneath trying to decide what I wanted to do next and I thought to myself. Do you suppose that build sheet is still up there? I took my watch off and reached up...vioila...there it was. I carefully got my hand underneath it and retrieved it. There is a section missing where it was glued on. Some of it is readable. The car was delivered to Hovey Dallas Chevrolet, Gardena, CA. Does anyone know if that dealer is still there? Any help on decoding my sheet would be much appreciated.

Old 01-27-2002, 06:32 PM
corvettemaster
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Bored again..found build sheet, installed new emblem... (Binnie77)

Very nice Binnie. :D
Earlier today I took my gas tank lid off to see if I could see my build sheet, but I didn't see anything. Are they usually in a certain place on the gas tank? Right of Left side? :confused:
Old 01-27-2002, 06:37 PM
Binnie77
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Bored again..found build sheet, installed new emblem... (corvettemaster)

They are on the drivers side....you should be able to reach up above between the frame and the tank...there is an opening large enough to get your hand in.
Old 01-27-2002, 06:41 PM
corvettemaster
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Binnie. I'll go out and check it out.

BTW, I am getting ready to send you some pics of my vette to put on your site. Be expecting them soon.
Old 01-27-2002, 06:41 PM
itza56
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is pretty cool !, I think I have been inspired to see if mine is still there in the 77, I'll report back next week ... It shopuld be there, I'm the second owner, so chances are good.... Thanks
Old 01-27-2002, 08:48 PM
Vettesic
Drifting

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Lucky You.....Go to the GM website. There, somewhere you will find a dealer search. I did it once when I had to find a particular salesperson that was on a bis. card from an orig. sales brochure I purchased on ebay for my 80 coupe. It brought me right to that particular dealership. However the dealer emailed me saying the sales guy died some time ago. The point is that GM/dealer is willing to help. Good Luck, L8TER, Paul.

Get notified of new replies

To Bored again..found build sheet, installed new emblem...

Quick Reply: Bored again..found build sheet, installed new emblem...