C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Side Pipes - revisited!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2002, 05:42 PM
ENCHANTMENT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Side Pipes - revisited!

Hi all,

I was talking with Jim Laughlin @ http://www.spiralturbobaffles.com this past Friday about his spiral inserts. Since I 've heard many popsitive remarks on the Forum from people that run them claiming that they are far less restrictive than muffler inserts and manage to sound like side pipes should (not like open headers though), I wanted to get a few specifics from him. What I found out is that in addition to his inserts, he also sells the complete side pipes including the insert and side pipe installation kit (minus the headers). The price was considerably cheaper than what you would pay from either hooker or Jet Coat plus you get the insert. If you are in the market for side pipes, inserts, or burn shields you might want to talk to him.
Old 01-27-2002, 07:10 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Default Re: Side Pipes - revisited! (ENCHANTMENT)

Thanks for the post. Did you buy a set Iwant to hear from gdaina and chuck harmon after reading their testimonials, but they sure sound like a good buy.
Old 01-27-2002, 09:55 PM
ScubaJKD
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Side Pipes - revisited! (gdh)

Got mine installed a week ago should be firing up the engine soon. I will report. I can tell you they are excellent quality.
Old 01-27-2002, 11:46 PM
69ttop502
Le Mans Master

Received 855 Likes on 626 Posts

Default Re: Side Pipes - revisited! (ScubaJKD)

Guys I have the baffles on my 502 and cant say enough about how much I like them, both from a power standpoint and a sound standpoint. I also bought the sidetubes from Jim with the long tips, kind of the old SCCA look and love them too. His fastening system allows you to tweak the pipe to look the way you want where the hooker tubes don't. Cant go wrong with any of his stuff.

Get notified of new replies

To Side Pipes - revisited!

Quick Reply: Side Pipes - revisited!